FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas suddenly choppy and doesn't respond

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Trow
Vegas suddenly choppy and doesn't respond
on Aug 29, 2014 at 4:22:30 pm

Hi, this is my first post, sorry if I do something wrong.

I am working on a project using vegas pro 11 which involves taking a long video (over an hour long), and adding music to it, so I have to enter trimmed clips from the original video and cut and stretch to match the music.

Everything was perfect for a couple of days but suddenly I started having problems with the program. The preview got totally unusable since it went something like 0.5 FPS and the program itself is impossible to work with because it constantly freezes.

I tried with vegas 13 but the problems were exactly the same.
I am working on Windows 8.

Please I need help, this project is very important to me and Sony Vegas is the only program I managed to work with.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Vegas suddenly choppy and doesn't respond
on Aug 29, 2014 at 4:49:51 pm

Not much info to go on, other than it is now slow, but one thing I can guess at is have you changed your preview setting. Preview/Good/Best and Auto/Half/Full. The further up this chain you go, the more PC you need to keep playback up to speed. Also did you change your project setting from 8 to 32-bit.

Return to posts index

David Trow
on Aug 30, 2014 at 10:26:47 am
Last Edited By David Trow on Aug 30, 2014 at 10:52:33 am

I don't think the preview is the problem. In the first days I was able to run the preview in BEST FULL without any problem. Now even DRAFT QUARTER doesn't work. And I don't think my system is that bad. Here it is:

Intel i5 4200U 2.4 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT 820M
4 Gb Ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Sony vegas 11 64 bit
Sony vegas 13

I know it isn't very much, but the RAM never goes over 50%.

I am also having the same playback problems when using SHIFT+B Dynamic Ram Preview. The preview freezes for a couple of seconds, jumps forward, and freezes... I tried setting the Max higher and lower, but nothing changed. And I repeat, with the same settings I was able to preview BEST FULL.
I tried setting the GPU to Nvidia, Intel and OFF but it didn't change anything.

The problem isn't just about preview. The program stucks and freezes every time.

Here is how it all started:

I was working on my project selecting the parts of the video I needed and creating a subclip or directly importing to the timeline and everything was fine, preview and program. Then when I added one more clip from the same video the program just started to go choppy. It started stucking in the preview when the clips changed, no matter what quality, and it went worse and worse and now it is impossibile to use.
Sometimes the preview stuck almost on the same frames every time, could it be a problem with the source file? But in that case, I don't understand why the program itself freezes.

I am using an MPEG PS video, which wasn't recognized when importing with "all projects and media files", I had to select "All files"

And I didn't change the bit.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15:14 am

The problem is Vegas is choking on that particular video format.
The fact that you have to select "All Files" is an
indication that that format is not compatible with Vegas
or not gonna sit well with it.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]