FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video and Audio syncing issues after rendering in Movie Studio Platinum 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wolleat
Video and Audio syncing issues after rendering in Movie Studio Platinum 13
on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:13:38 pm

I am struggling with this (and have since Platinum 11.0). I convert VHS tapes for people to DVD. I have always had the problem of the audio and video getting out of sync the longer the video plays. THIS ONLY OCCURS AFTER RENDERING. The original *.mpg that my capture software creates is PERFECTLY in sync, however I need to edit the video, clean it up and use DVD Architect to make the DVD. I have altered project settings, I have rendered to different formats, I have attempted to resync audio and video in third party programs such as VirtualDub. Nothing works.

What information do I need to give you? I'll provide what I can below:
The original capture file specs are (from VLC):

Stream 0
Type: Audio
Codec: MPEG Audio Layer 1/2/3 (mpga)
Channels: Stereo
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 224 kb/s

Stream 1
Type: Video
Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
Resolution: 720x480
Frame Rate: 29.970029
Decoded Format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

I have tried matching these settings in Project Properties in Movie Studio. I have tried matching them in any type of rendered file that DVD Architect Supports. Nothing seems to work. When I render the file(s) the audio and video always desync. The two streams start out in sync but the longer the video plays, the further out of sync they get.

Please help! I've been struggling with this for years now and rendering 5 minute chunks of a 4 hour VHS video takes AGES! Not to mention, that's not a solution to the problem, it's just a work around as the audio and video still desync (but not noticeably).

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Video and Audio syncing issues after rendering in Movie Studio Platinum 13
on Aug 29, 2014 at 1:02:09 pm

What output formats are you rendering to? In Vegas Pro, DVD Architect works best when you render the video and audio in two different files. I do not know if Movie Studio has this ability.

Return to posts index

Jim Wolleat
Re: Video and Audio syncing issues after rendering in Movie Studio Platinum 13
on Aug 29, 2014 at 2:18:31 pm

I use the DVD Architect NTSC Video Stream which is 29.970 FPS, 720x480, Upper Field First, YUV, 6 Mbps (.mpg)

AND

Wave (Microsoft) which is 48000 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo, PCM (.wav)

So, I'm using two different files to import into DVD Architect (as suggested on Sony's Support Site). Before I import the media into DVD Architect, I set the project properties to match the settings of the two files. The problem is, the files are out of sync BEFORE I import them into DVD Architect. I can take the two rendered files and open them in a new Movie Studio project and they start in sync and gradually get out of sync.

Also note, I have tried rendering different combinations of 2 files, I've tried to render a single file containing both streams (notably, the NTSC Stream for Architect with an audio layer MATCHING the input file's audio properties).

If you examine the two files in Movie Studio, the audio is ever so slightly longer than the video. Perhaps 6-10 frames longer than the video file, so not congruent with the sync difference.

I'm going to try and recapture the VHS tape with my capture program which has an option for uncompressed AVI, but that's going to be a giant file that I think Movie Studio will struggle to work with...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]