FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a logo appear in a glass as it fills up with a liquid - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Calabrese
Making a logo appear in a glass as it fills up with a liquid - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12
on Aug 28, 2014 at 11:39:08 am

Hi everyone! I'm not sure of how to go about explaining what I want to accomplish, but the title explains it a little bit. What I would like to do is have an effect where a glass displays more and more of an image as the glass fills up with a liquid. In other words, I start with an empty, clear glass and as more liquid enters the glass, it shows more of the logo. I hope that makes sense.

I thought about ways to go about it, such as chroma keying out green liquid, but I don't think that'll work. Any suggestions? My creative muscle has caused me to become stumped in the physical world.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Making a logo appear in a glass as it fills up with a liquid - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12
on Aug 28, 2014 at 2:48:59 pm

I have thought of keyframing a mask on the event with the logo. The mask hiding and then revealing the logo.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Making a logo appear in a glass as it fills up with a liquid - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12
on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:44:26 am

[Steve Calabrese] "I thought about ways to go about it, such as chroma keying out green liquid, but I don't think that'll work. Any suggestions? My creative muscle has caused me to become stumped in the physical world."
I would try and create a Black & White matte to act as a reveal mask. One way to do this is to get a large black piece of cardboard, a glass, and a quart of milk. Lock down the camera! Film the milk being poured into the glass on the black background. This clip will be your black and white mask. Then film the glass being filled with whatever liquid you were going to use with whatever background you were going to use. In the final composition, use the black and white clip as the mask for the logo. Place the regular clip under it. You should get the effect you want. (for extra realism, use another copy of the black and white milk clip as a displacement map so that the logo moves as the liquid is poured!)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]