FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 11 Blurry Preview and Render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Nguyen
Sony Vegas 11 Blurry Preview and Render
on Aug 27, 2014 at 10:15:59 pm

(Note that my entire source is a .mp4 and all the clips are coming from the same movie source.)

Things I've tried:

It's on best, full, for preview. About 2/3 of my clips are afflicted by this. The first 1/3 of my timeline is absolutely fine in preview and when I render it. The other 2/3 is not. It looks just as blurry as the preview.

I tried playing with every option in project video properties, (interpolate, blend, Gaussian, you name it,) and it makes no difference.

There is no FX in the master Video Output FX.

I tried copy and pasting the entire timeline into a new, clean, project window, it's still the same.

I've tried placing another clip above the afflicted blurred clips, and they too become blurry even though they look perfectly fine in the trimmer. However, I did drop an image file (.png) on top of the afflicted clips and that viewed fine.

I tried turning off smart resample for all of the clips.

For some reason, Vegas is blurring all my clips after a specific point on my timeline. Up until a few hours ago, the timeline was working fine, until it suddenly became blurry like this. If someone has any idea what could be wrong, that'd be great help.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas 11 Blurry Preview and Render
on Aug 28, 2014 at 2:14:22 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 28, 2014 at 6:46:32 am

As far as I can tell, you've done everything that I'd have done. So, the only thing that is left is to confirm that ALL your Media are the same as the Media you know is NOT blurry. A quick way to check, apart from using MediaInfo, is to NOTE your Projrct Settings NOW, and then MATCH your Project Settings to the "blurry" Media by using the Match Media process in the a Project Settings and confirm that both sets of Settings ARE the same.

Blurry Media can indicate that that Media is of a lower resolution than the Project Settings. By confirming that the Media IS the same then you can eliminate this aspect from your investigations.

Here's a ROUGH example:

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]