FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where's the switch?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Coleman
Where's the switch?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:55:49 am

Hello all,

Feeling a bit foolish here. I'm a long time Vegas user(I mean since the beginning, before Vegas could even handle video files!).

Currently running Vegas Pro 12 on 2 different machines.
Both set up some time last year and both behaving very well.

Yesterday though, one of the machines has started doing something strange.

Usually, when I put a video clip on the timeline, I am able to grab and end (doesn't matter which) and drag it left or right, to trim it. Whilst I am doing that, the current (trimmed) frame is displayed in the preview window. This is usually how I edit. Now though, on one machine, the only thing I can see in the preview window is the current cursor position, which does not "jump" to the place where I am trimming.

Sorry, did that make sense?

Well it works fine on the other machine, and used to be fine on both, but I must have change something, and can't for the life of me find any option in the menu(s) to switch it back on!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as its really slowing me down.

I can scrub the timeline, and find the frames that way, but its really not as efficient.

Thanks in advance,
Bob.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Where's the switch?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 4:01:47 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 25, 2014 at 4:02:11 pm

[Bob Coleman] " Now though, on one machine, the only thing I can see in the preview window is the current cursor position, which does not "jump" to the place where I am trimming.

Sorry, did that make sense?"
Yes, yes you do. However I can't repro this. Are you SURE you don't have another Event above this?

I can ONLY think of a Factory Reset . . .sorry. Maybe3 others have a more intelligent view on this.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Bob Coleman
Re: Where's the switch?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 5:52:48 pm

Hi Grazie,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

There is nothing odd about the edit, and I've been back into other old projects on both machines and it seems to reveal that one machine has a problem, and one not.

Now I could just switch machines I guess, but I'm thinking your Factory Reset idea might be the way to go, I just had a feeling there might be something I'd missed, maybe not then.

Thanks a lot anyway - 2 minds are better than one!

B.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]