FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames In Vegas, And When Rendered Out From Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Dropped Frames In Vegas, And When Rendered Out From Vegas
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:22:48 pm

My source file was MKV which was 11 Gigs and has a frame rate of 23.97 frames per second.

I put it into Handbrake and converted it to MP4 so it could be edited in Vegas, I made sure the frame rate was set to "Constant frame rate" and put it on 23.97 to make sure everything looked how it should.

After It was done converting to MP4 I view the file and play through it and everything looks absolutely flawless, so I pop it into Vegas and things get weird from there.

The video is about 2 hours long, and everything plays perfectly except when it gets to about the half way point the frame rate suddenly lags and drops, I thought at first it was Vegas just having a hard time playing it properly but when I go frame by frame in Vegas I can see that about every 3 frames or so there will be a repeated frame, this causes it to look very very laggy and not smooth at all, its almost as if the frame that is duplicated is actually skipping a frame because when i view it after I render it it looks very choppy.

Anyway it is weird because after its rendered as 23.97 the entire first half is flawless but again I streamed to the middle part and it just gets choppy and laggy all the way until the ending..

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Dropped Frames In Vegas, And When Rendered Out From Vegas
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09:57 pm

I'm gonna take a stab at this:
The first hour plays fine, you say. Is this from the timeline? If so, turn off your system for a while so it cools down. Maybe 30 minutes. When you boot back up, start playback from the middle of the timeline. Watch a few minutes. If it plays fine, then you have a hardware issue, possibly overheating of the CPU or power supply is failing.

Dave

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: Dropped Frames In Vegas, And When Rendered Out From Vegas
on Aug 23, 2014 at 7:48:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that is not the problem, What I did was copy and paste part of the movie that had dropped frames and I opened a new project and pasted in a small clip, I also closed the big project to ensure I had enough power and sure enough the dropped frames were still there..

I am sure its not a hardware issue where the computer can't handle and view the frames but handbrake actually rendered it out like that and must not have did it properly

But it doesn't make sense that it decides to drop frames in Vegas because it plays perfectly when I view it in VLV and media player

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]