FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pausing Templates!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Law
Pausing Templates!
on Aug 21, 2014 at 11:24:03 pm

Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum. I need some help quick. This video project is due very soon, and I am very lost. I've been asked by my church leaders to make a video for the church's 25th anniversary, so I got Sony Vegas Pro 12 to do it. I've gotten a template, which is exactly what I wanted. You see, I want to put a bunch of videos (interviews of church members) that I've recorded at church into the template. The template, simply put, is a bunch of rectangles flying around, zooming into each one separately for about 2-3 seconds each. The thing is, the interviews are all over 1 minute each, some for over 4 minutes. So the question is, how do I let the template zoom into one of the rectangles, then I pause it, let the video run, and let the template move onto the next rectangle, and so on?

Thank you guys so much! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Pausing Templates!
on Aug 22, 2014 at 4:16:33 am

You can easily use the Velocity Envelope to achieve this.
I am pressed for time, so do some quick read up on this feature
and some tutorials online, and you'll be done in no time.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 1:52:35 pm

Thank you so much for your help! But I've had no luck trying this out. I've tried Velocity Envelope as well as Transition Envelope. I can't seem to do anything. The transition envelope is even grayed out, so I can't use that. I'm guessing the template has no transitions? (I'm making stuff up.) The video continues flying around to the next rectangle after 2-3 seconds. Changing the velocity has no effects either. Nothing changes when I change the velocity to 300% or -100%. Help!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:18:48 pm

O...K...

I'd need to see ScreenGrabs of your Timeline AND the look/appearance of these "Templates".

This is where a text-based means of communications in attempting to assist one of our Vegas colleagues falls over . . . Visuals I need visual clues to what you are doing.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:52:04 pm

Thank you for replying!

This is the template I'm using:

At the 0:10 mark is where I want to insert one of my interviews.

I want to let the rectangle come towards the screen, then stop the template, let the video run, then move onto the next rectangle and so on.

I hope this clarifies things!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 8:01:12 pm

Need to see your Timeline with all those tracks on? I don't think we are singing from the same Hymn Sheet?

Where did you get this tremplate/download it from?

Need the facts - man . . need the facts!

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 8:12:17 pm

This is essentially what I have now.

I got the template from VideoTour24 here: http://www.videotour24.com/v2/src/product/view.php?lan=en&cat=5&no=149&page...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 8:56:23 pm

Righto . . . .

Somewhere amongst ALL those 25 Tracks is/are the Control KeyFrame/s for the Track Motion. Is this the "Motion" you want to pause? Are you wanting to PAUSE the movement of the the position of the Video. I believe Steve was thinking that you were only wanting to PAUSE the the ACTION within the Frame - hence the Velocity Envelope. Or, are you wanting to HOLD or PAUSE the movement of the Frame in 3D space?

So, we're needing to confirm with you:

A] Frame Motion in 3D space

or

B] The motion within the Frame

or

C] Both A] & B]

Need to clarify.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:11:12 pm

Ah, that's why Steve told me about the Velocity Envelope.

I want the rectangle (frame) to stop, but the video within the rectangle to play.

So choice A.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:26:32 pm

Yeah, I thought as much . . .

OK, you're going to need to get BUSY with the Track Motion Keyframes, and move them further apart to SUSTAIN their actual position in 3D space. Do you know how to do this?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:32:46 pm

I'm very new to Vegas Pro 12. No, I don't. Help me please. :c

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:47:30 pm

OK, in the TRACK HEADER click on the EXCLAMATION Mark of one of the tracks you want to experiment with. This will have the effect of isolating that track say that Track 25.

Now, click on the DIAMOND shape with the DOWN arrow next to it.This will OPEN up your TRACK Motion Control Track.

Do that first. This will make the Positional Control Diamonds real big.

Click on that FIRST DIAMOND and it will bring up the TRACK MOTION CONTROL. Now - hold tight! - see that "Source Alpha" option? Click on it. NOW Select 3D Source Alpha. You will be presented with 4 Screens. Each of which are controls in the X,Y and Z Planes. ANd each one can be used to Control the Movement OVER TIME of any Event on your Timeline. In this case you WANT an EVENT to STAY in place for longer than you already have. This means you need to INCREASE the distance between one of the Keyframes to the next - this will create a sustained or PAUSE.

I don't know each and everyone of your positionals to tell you which to move - I can only invite you to experiment and for you to determine which one you want to control.

HTHs

Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:52:42 pm

Of course, you may very well have ADDITIONAL Track Motion Controls that override that TRACK25 - but you WILL discover that too.

These Multilayered 3D track, Track Motion projects can get out of control very quickly - the easiest thing you've done is to download the Template. That was the easiest! - The FUN starts now.

However, get this skill under yer belt and you will many hours of options available to you to be creative.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Simon Law
on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:03:34 pm

Thank you so much!

Now I have a direction to go in

But can you clarify on Increasing the distance between one of the keyframes to the next?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 23, 2014 at 6:18:55 am

Sure. Click on one and DRAG it away from the other.

G

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Aug 23, 2014 at 3:44:19 pm

Simon, first, thanks for pointing to a new templates source that I had not ever heard of.

But, as a Vegas user for 12+ years, trust me when I tell you that inserting delays like you describe is going to be a time-consuming world of hurt.

Here's how I would do this.

Finish the Montage project as-is. Put your images and videos in the selected places then save the project, call this montage.veg then render it to an intermediate file. I used Sony MXF in my test.

Open a new project.
Add the montage.mxf file to the timeline.
Add a new video track above the montage track. Put your insert video here.
Add a "velocity envelope" to the montage event.
When the montage track gets to the video that you want to slow to a crawl, double-click on the velocity envelope. Don't change anything yet. Move the playhead (timeline cursor) to the end of the inserted video and double click on the Velocity Envelope on the montage track.
Drag a fade-in/out of about 1-second on the inserted video.
On the montage event with the cursor in the middle of the inserted video, double click on the velocity envelope and now drag it down to 10%.

Hopefully, this image may help:

When you play this back you will see the montage frame with the video you want to slow down come into view, the full-screen of this video will fade in, then at it's end it fades out and the montage below resumes it's normal movements. Play with the amount of velocity slowdown to get the montage to be timed to resume its flow.

Good luck.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]