FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing ghosting effect?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Carroll
Removing ghosting effect?
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:24:40 pm

Hi, so while I'm not completely stupid I'm in no way a professional and that is why I have trouble with the more technical things, like this.

This is my first real "big project" and I want it to be as perfect as possible. However, when I render something it will give me this "ghosting effect"

7893_comparisonpic.jpg.zip

My guess as a non-professional is that it has something to do with frame rate?

Sorry I am a graphics guy trying to migrate into video haha. The guy told me that the video was shot in 23.976 fps (it is a black magic camera if that makes a difference) so I rendered in 23.976.

Here are the render settings.
7894_rendersettings.jpg.zip

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Rearwin
Re: Removing ghosting effect?
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:45:15 pm

I will leave it to someone more knowledgeable to address the issue of removing the effect.

I'm not a pro, but I have made and sold instructional DVDs with all the video shot by me.

Maybe if you try shooting everything at 1080/60p you will get cleaner results. I have found that this creates very clean video; you can pull stills that look like they were shot with a still camera (although, obviously, at only 2mp or so).

I shoot mostly AVCHD (using a GH3) because for some reason it seems to edit better with Premiere Elements 12 (which I what I use). I output as 30p (to keep a crisp action look) but of course you could output at 25p or 24p and it should be just as good. MOV files look a lot better and cleaner when viewed on computer monitor (17"), but for me the AVCHD looks better after running through PE12.

PE12 output is very clean, both MP4 or DVD burn (I haven't burned BluRay).

Probably the best thing to do is shoot some very short clips in various formats and see how they turn out, before launching the project.

Hope this may help somewhat.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 21, 2014 at 4:16:01 pm

Can you supply the specs of the actual Media?

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Robert Carroll
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:24:10 pm

Thanks for the replies, I will continue trying to figure it out!

Here are the specs of the media...

Actually never mind! Double checking I see that the footage was shot in 24 fps and not the 23.976 I was told. Thank you for leading me to the solution! haha

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: moving ghosting effect?
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:46:43 pm

Good. There is an option in Vegas to MATCH the Project's Settings to the Media. This is always my first procedure when I start.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Robert Carroll
on Aug 22, 2014 at 2:16:39 pm

Yes, I think the part that tripped me up was that the main footage was 24 FPS. The other two shots were 23 FPS, for whatever reason.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 23, 2014 at 9:58:43 pm

[Robert Carroll] "I think the part that tripped me up was that the main footage was 24 FPS. The other two shots were 23 FPS, for whatever reason."
If you have media with different frame rates then you should Disable Resample on the media that doesn't match the project's frame rate. To do this, right-click on the event, open the Properties and check the Disable Resample button. This will eliminate the ghosting.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]