FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080-50i Pal AVCHD film to DVD.....quality is terrible?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex delfont
1080-50i Pal AVCHD film to DVD.....quality is terrible?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:47:40 am

hi guys

I have just made a promo film for a charity. I am showing it on a projector and have a nice quality MXF version of it for that. But they want to give all the kids in it a DVD, as they dont have computers or blu ray players.

I know I will lose quality going to standard definition, but I cant get any usable results.

I have tried rendering out of vegas using the Mpeg 2 Pal DVD setting, and its so pixelated its unwatchable, and its jerky.

Any ideas, I have to make 20 Dvds by wednesday, and its not working well right now! Also, sorry to be a noob, but what is the process to get it from vegas onto a DVD?

Or is a there a program that would convert a high quality video file and burn it to DVD?

Any help hugely appreciated :)

Return to posts index

alex delfont
Re: 1080-50i Pal AVCHD film to DVD.....quality is terrible?
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:40:45 pm

Bump, really desperate for some help with this, time is running out! :)

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:45:04 pm

Hi

Without knowing your Vegas version, render out settings or even the length of project, it's hard to tell. I am going to assume you are cramming too much on a disc. The pixelation could be caused by over compression i.e. your project is too long for DVD. Generally, I don't put more than 90 minutes on a DVD. I would also use 'Mark's bit rate calculator' (a Google search will turn it up) to help you calculate the project length and match it to your media.

I would also check my project settings and set the de-interlace method to interpolate, and in the 'render as' template, deselect 'stretch video to fill output screen'. Lastly, I would render using vbr, not cbr, as I have at times noticed stuttering of the vision.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

alex delfont
on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:52:25 am

Hi

Thanks. My vegas version is 11.0. The length of the project is only 11 minutes! So its definitely not too big.

I just dont know what preset to use when rendering out, or how to make it mazimum qualit, Ive been trying the mpeg 2 DVD architect preset and it looks terrible.

I didnt realise I had to get it on DVD until recently and as I hadnt done that before its turned into a last minute panic!!

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:33:11 am

In Vegas, I presume that you are using the MainConcept MPEG2 DVD Architect PAL widescreen template. If you then click customise template, there is a quality slider which is sometimes set to 17. I set it to 31. You might want to include Audio (under the audio tab)

I presume you are meant to be using the PAL template because you reside in a country broadcasts in PAL.

When in setting up the project in DVD Architect, you need to make sure you then choose the PAL option. You then need to import your render into DVDA and create DVD.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

alex delfont
on Aug 20, 2014 at 12:04:43 pm

Hi

thanks, I have upped the quality to 31, its made a bit of a difference, but still doesnt look like proper DVD quality, obviously lower.

there are other settings, should I change any of these :

I-frames
B-Frames
Profile : main or high?

variable or constant bitrate, and how many BPS?

And also then I end up with one Pmeg file, how do i make this a playable dvd in any dvd player?

Also, because the film is only 10 minutes is there a way to use more space to get more quality?

thanks for all your help

:_)

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 21, 2014 at 9:46:08 am

[alex delfont] "there are other settings, should I change any of these :

I-frames
B-Frames
Profile : main or high?

variable or constant bitrate, and how many BPS?"

Unless you know what you are doing and why, leave the preset as is. Given the size of your project, you render out using VBR settings.

That file needs to be brought into DVD Architect where you create menus and then create your image and burn the disc.

If you don't need menus, you can burn straight off the timeline in Vegas under Tools > Burn Disc > DVD

Choose the correct Video Format eg 16:9 PAL, choose your burner and away you go.

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Dec 23, 2014 at 2:49:45 am

This may be late, but you can try to convert your export videos from your Vegas to VOB then burn them into your DVD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]