FORUMS: list search recent posts

vegas pro 13 (64 bit) xvid/mp4 file opens but looks like and renders like garbage (used to work in vegas 12)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Prieto
vegas pro 13 (64 bit) xvid/mp4 file opens but looks like and renders like garbage (used to work in vegas 12)
on Aug 17, 2014 at 6:49:24 pm

Relevant screenshots below:

I used to be able to work with these files in Vegas 12, but now when I try to edit or render them, they look like this mess. I uninstalled K-lite and reinstalled vegas 13, and then the standalone xvid plugin from xvid.org, to no avail. Is there anything else I can try? Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: vegas pro 13 (64 bit) xvid/mp4 file opens but looks like and renders like garbage (used to work in vegas 12)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:51:37 am

You could try Editing using Proxies, which is an option in VP13.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Richard Prieto
Re: vegas pro 13 (64 bit) xvid/mp4 file opens but looks like and renders like garbage (used to work in vegas 12)
on Aug 19, 2014 at 12:41:13 am

If I do that, then it tells me "No compatible video codec was found".... Is it trying to use the wrong codec? Is there a different one I can install besides the one at xvid.org? I'm not sure why this is an issue since Vegas Pro 12 64-bit handled these just fine.

Return to posts index

Richard Prieto
on Aug 21, 2014 at 9:22:04 pm

Just an update on this.... Basically it doesnt work right away, but sometimes it will work if I jigger around with it a bit. For example if I click "load in trimmer" then "load in project media list" then "create video proxy" (which results in a no codec found message) then load in trimmer again, it will suddenly start being able to work with the clips. It makes no sense. But unless someone can chime in with a permanent solution, I have no choice but to keep doing this every time I want to load up Vegas and work with these clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]