FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Sony Vegas Rendered Video Dropping Frames problem.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Jonson
My Sony Vegas Rendered Video Dropping Frames problem.
on Aug 16, 2014 at 2:44:37 pm

Hey,
So I'm trying to render a 1080p video on the settings I usually do ( 1080p,30fps,.mxf codec,highest quality )and for some reason when I watch the rendered video the video drops frames every 3-4 seconds. I watched the raw fraps footage and it was fine! Only the rendered video has this problem.

Does anyone know my problem?

+(GPU rendering is off,disabled resample etc)

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
Re: My Sony Vegas Rendered Video Dropping Frames problem.
on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:56:31 pm

I assume this is Vegas Pro 13? There appears to be a bug that misrepresents frame rates in certain situations. Unfortunately I can not point to a specific codec or situation that defines the problem (and you having an issue with mxf only solidifies the idea that it is not just a single codec problem.) From my experience Vegas 13 is hiccuping with 23.976, 24 fps and 29.97,30 fps. It can't seem to decide which one to use when and it seems to drop a lot more frames than necessary on random projects. What are your project properties? Are you rendering out to 29.97?

My solution has been to demux the original video and remux only the video stream to mp4 keeping the audio separate (on the theory that reading the audio sync data inside the container is now bugged.) It has worked for me so far. I stopped the hiccuping renders on the problematic projects.

Return to posts index

Johnny Jonson
on Aug 17, 2014 at 12:10:10 am

I'm using vegas pro 12 and my video properties are...
- 1920x1080
- Field order (none)
- Pixel aspect ratio: 1,0000 (square)
- stereoscopic 3D mode: Off
- Pixel format: 8 bit
- Full resolution rendering quality: Best
- Motion blur type: Gaussian
- Deinterlace method: none
- Adjust source media to better match project or render settings: Un-ticked

- Composting gamma and view transform are both greyed out but their settings are:
- Composting gamma: 2.222 (video)
- View transform: Off

RENDER SETTINGS are "Sony MXF" and these are the properties:

- Video format: HD
- Frame size: 1920x1080
- Frame rate: 29.970
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Field order: Progressive
- Prioritize quality over speed: Ticked/checked
- Video quality slider: High [31] (The maximum amount)
- Bit rate (Mbps): 50 (CBR)- HQ
- Profile: 422

[AUDIO]

Audio Format: PCM Uncompressed
Sample rate (Hz): 48,000
Bit depth: 24
Channels: 2

RENDER [PROJECT] TAB

- Video rendering quality: Use project settings
- Stereoscopic 3D mode: Use project settings
- Colour space: Default

I've been using these settings for a while now and this problem has only just come up :o
It's a 15:46 minute video.
And I've tried rendering this video on .mp4 but nothing changes.

Oh and Matt..could you explain a bit more on how you fixed the problem on your video, I didn't really understand your instructions and would love to at least render this bloody video! lol

Thanks for your help! :)

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Aug 17, 2014 at 2:45:41 am

That is interesting that you are using Vegas 12. For me I was using Vegas 13 for quite a while with no problems until a few weeks ago I started to experience the same frame rendering drops.

One more set of stats would be helpful... the specifications of the source video. If you do not have a program called Media Info download it here http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo.

My solution was to split the video and audio. If you are not in the habit of doing this (the process of demuxing and muxing, i.e. splitting apart and recombining the audio and video streams) this might take some time to get you through the process. I have demuxed a 29.97fps in to its video and audio parts and used a program called MP4muxer to build an mp4 file without audio forcing the video to a 30fps. The separate imported audio was now longer (a three second drift over forty minutes) because of the difference in time but Vegas' elastique time stretch works incredibly well. I just dragged the audio to the same size of the video and everything was in sync. Changing the project properties and rendering at 30fps went perfectly smooth. My source video also had no problems playing in anything but Vegas.

MXF can contain several types of video streams. Is this from a camera? What type? Most likely the stream will be mpg. Finding a mux/demux solution will depend on what the MXF is made from.

Return to posts index

Johnny Jonson
on Aug 17, 2014 at 2:10:41 pm

I recorded the footage in Fraps at 60fps (it didn't want to stay at 30fps tho lol,it went down during recording to about 30-40) into a .avi file.

It's wierd because for some reason this problem only occurs when the camera is turning at a moderate to fast speed. But like I said,the raw footage doesn't have this problem. :(

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Aug 17, 2014 at 7:45:14 pm

If the footage is Fraps (my version is old - 3.5.1 so I can't be totally certain) the frame rate recorded is a full 60fps despite what the frame counter says it is receiving. Try setting your project properties and render to 30fps instead of 29.97. You can also try setting the project properties to 60fps and render at 30fps. There is no drop down for 60 in the properties menu just 59.94 but you can type 60.

I assume this is for upload to something like YouTube. YouTube gives a warning when you upload 30fps instead of 29.97 about possible sync issues but I have never had it actually be a problem.

Return to posts index

Johnny Jonson
on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:00:36 pm

I've tried this but still no difference. :(
Yeah it's for YouTube.
(Sorry it took me so long to reply :| )

Return to posts index

Eric Rothkirch
on Sep 19, 2014 at 1:54:23 pm

Project Properties -> Video -> Uncheck "Adjust source media to better match project or render settings." This fixed the problem for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]