FORUMS: list search recent posts

New GPU R9 270x sony vegas 13 issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sammy sam
New GPU R9 270x sony vegas 13 issues
on Aug 14, 2014 at 5:25:54 pm

Hello, I finally decided to upgrade my GPU, I have an I7 920 with 12gb ram setup, was using older GTX 260 with sony vegas 13 ..so after reading a while on here, i decided to go with an r9 270x , followed instruction on removing nividia drivers etc ,and did a clean install of the AMD catylist (newest 14.4) with the 270x ..Not sure if anything else is needed to be installed for open cl .sony vegas pro 13 does see the AMD card and is supported, but the weird thing is that when i try to render mainconcept avc and do a check for system gpu it tell me CUDA available (? , its an AMD card, it should be open cl ?) , and when i try to render using sony avc and check the system gpu it tell me open cl (as it should?) , so im not sure whats going on , and really not sure if i have something wrong going on , or i need to install something else for vegas to activate the open cl on the r9 270x,thanks for any input

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: New GPU R9 270x sony vegas 13 issues
on Aug 14, 2014 at 10:08:20 pm

[sammy sam] "but the weird thing is that when i try to render mainconcept avc and do a check for system gpu it tell me CUDA available (? , its an AMD card, it should be open cl ?) "
It sounds like the NVIDIA drivers didn't get completely removed. The MainConcept AVC encoder is not going to recognize your R9 270x so it should say CPU only.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:04:56 am

If you click the Check GPU button on the sytem tab on unsupported GPUs for the Mainconcept AVC encoder it will still say OpenCL available. The encoder will still not use it. AMD Graphics core next, 7xxx and R8/R9 GPUs and later. A bit misleading.

Return to posts index

sammy sam
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:31:26 am

thanks for the reply guys, for the life of me I thought i saw a couple of post saying that the r9 270, 280, and 290 are supported in sony vegas with regards to gpu rendering, so im wrong in assuming that? is the case the same when rendering sony avc also? and if yes, should have i just get the hd5870 instead?
- but by all means, it seems like you guys pointed out that the nvidia driver is still seen , but the wierd thing sony vegas still sees the gpu supported card as an amd card not nvidia ....
I guess the questions are now , did i pick the wrong card to get better gpu render and playback ? and maybe best option if the 270 card is good choice is to do clean install of windows 7, and than amd catalyst driver... thanks again for your time guys

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 15, 2014 at 2:59:08 am

Mainconcept AVC does not support AMD Graphics core next GPUs.
Sony AVC does support all AMD, but it does not use GPU very much.

Remember that Vegas always uses GPU, when enabled, for compositing your video and for most effects.

So when you say "use GPU for rendering" you have to be specific. Vegas always uses GPU for compositing the video stream. Necessary for playback and render.

Mainconcept AVC and Sony AVC have additional support with the file encoding operation.

All AMD cards currently are better performers for the Vegas composite engine. AMD 5xxx and 6xxx cards also perform well with Mainconcept AVC encoding.

Return to posts index

sammy sam
on Aug 15, 2014 at 4:06:38 am

Thanks Norman

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:44:08 pm

[Norman Black] "All AMD cards currently are better performers for the Vegas composite engine. AMD 5xxx and 6xxx cards also perform well with Mainconcept AVC encoding."
Yea, all you're loosing is MainConcept AVC GPU support but everything else will take advantage of your card.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]