FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 10 and Waves VST effects

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Stark
Sony Vegas 10 and Waves VST effects
on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:47:30 am

Everytime I update to a new computer I have to jump through these hoops/growing pains. Its worth it in the end, but right now its kicking my tail.

Just updated to a nice new HP laptop. Windows 8 (64bit). I think all the other specs are irrelevant to this discussion at this point. One point to make is that I was able to (somehow) accomplish this same setup on my Windows 7 (64 bit) desktop.

Here's the problem: I'm running Sony Vegas 10. I wanting to use my Waves 5.0 plugins for audio. As you may know, this is a waveshell style VST plugin. When I go through the preferences > VST effects window in Vegas, it says the VST effects cannot be found. On an even older computer running XP(32 bit), I had Waves 5.0 in Vegas as directX plugins. I either need to get Waves going as VST or directX on my new laptop. I have no preference. Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas 10 and Waves VST effects
on Aug 13, 2014 at 5:33:22 am

[Ross Stark] " When I go through the preferences > VST effects window in Vegas, it says the VST effects cannot be found."
Ross, did you "Browse" to where you KNOW where those VSTs are? - I've had to do this, and at present I have the 3 VST Locations being used.

Tell us if this made a difference?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ross Stark
on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:44:52 pm

Hi, Graham.

I have done that. I even checked my previous computer's settings to make certain that they match (same VST plugins installed to the same folders, etc...) It is for certain the correct folder, Vegas or Waves or both are just not playing nice.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:52:57 pm

Ross, Waves plugins are up to version 9 so an update is surely in order.
http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9
I'm not a Waves user so I have no idea if this is going to cost you or not.
There was a discussion about this on the Sony Vegas forum last month. It was about using Waves on Pro 13 but most of it should be relevant to your questions.
Waves plugins in Vegas 13

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 14, 2014 at 12:02:30 am

[Mike Kujbida] "Waves plugins are up to version 9 so an update is surely in order."
I agree with Mike. I'm using Waves version 9 without any problems but I'm guessing that 32-bit Waves 5 plug-ins are not going to work with 64-bit Vegas Pro. Even if you use the 32-bit version of Vegas Pro 10, I'm not sure they will work with Windows 8 because they are not individual VST's. Waves has some convoluted shell that it uses which causes a lot of problems on platforms that are supported, never mind ones that are not.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Joao Souza
on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:31:25 pm

Hi Ross.
I started with Vegas Pro 9(12 now).
I always used my waves bundles with all versions and never had a problem and I never had to set my vst plugins folder like Graham pointed out, all vegas versions found it automatically.
Keep in mind I have a gazillion waves plugins still never had a problem.
I could only guess it's something related to you OS, I used veags and waves plugins with XP and now with win7, so far no problems.
I have a friend who has a computers repair store, he said win8 is bad, a lot of people are having problems and going back to win7, he showed me a shelf with 16 laptops being formatted and going back to win7, he said everyday there are people with win8 problems.
What about a fresh start with win8?(formatiing then reinstalling it).
Maybe back to win7?

We have so much time and so little to do! / Willy Wonka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]