FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts/feedback on Sony Vegas pro 13 or stick with 12 pro for a while?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
Thoughts/feedback on Sony Vegas pro 13 or stick with 12 pro for a while?
on Aug 13, 2014 at 1:29:42 am

I am thinking of upgrading from 12 to vegas pro 13 on my new super fast high spec laptop I know pro 13 untl recently it did have issues are they sorted and latest build pretty stable or still quite a few issues?

Or...Would you advise stick with 12 pro for while still... or should be ok and make the move to sony vegas pro 13?

many thanks Jenny

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Thoughts/feedback on Sony Vegas pro 13 or stick with 12 pro for a while?
on Aug 13, 2014 at 3:23:22 am

It is ok. You can make the move to sony vegas pro 13...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Norman
on Aug 13, 2014 at 4:11:46 am

if you own 12 i dont see a huge reason to upgrade..... and I own 13 :/

Nothing major changed in my workflow

Dell XPS 15" 9350 i7, 512gb SSD, Nvidia 750m
Intel i7 3930K, R9 290, 32gb, 2xRAID0 Intel 240gb SSD, 2x2TB WD Green, 3x23" Samsung LCDs
http://youtube.com/adidas4275

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 13, 2014 at 6:00:23 am

[jenny gold] "Or...Would you advise stick with 12 pro for while still... or should be ok and make the move to sony vegas pro 13?"Jenny, you have a stable working environment - good! Honestly, this is a GOOD.

Here's the thing: Is VP12 your very first entree into Video Editing and Vegas in particular? If so what you need to appreciate, is that those of us who have been around for 14 years plus, have been made aware of the shortcomings of one Vegas release over its predecessor; have spent time with, and then it was Sonic Foundry and now SONY, in suggesting many "Wishlists" and so on; have explored new frontiers of NLE activity and have "grown-through" the massive changes and improvements to both PC Hardware and the valuable 3rd Party relationships that SONY has carved out for the benefit of their Vegas-Users - and yes themselves, it's a business after all! - that I have become well aware of pitfalls and advances that make my Creative Ideas more and more attainable with the latest of versions of Vegas.

Recently I've been reading the contented experiences of one Vegas 7 user still working on XP. It remains as stable now as it was then. However all the advances in GPU acceleration, the value of 3rd Party designers of s/w being, finding a way INTO Vegas - believe me when I say that this was never ever going to happen! Oh no! But tings changed, and this change has been a revelation to me and what keeps me a keen supporter of SONY Vegas.

OK, here's what I see for you Jenny:-
A] You have certain NLE requirements of Vegas, are they being fulfilled with VP12? IF the answer is "YES" then you've kinda answered your own question!

B] If it's A] PLUS you want to see what else you could be having then you could always watch the VP13 Video Introductions; read the White Papers on VP13; scrutinize the Comparison Tables and consider downloading the DEMO to "kick-the-tyres". Prior to now I have had VP9/10/11/12 and 13 installed all at the same time.

I do understand that CAUTION is the better part of Valor.

HTHs

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:56:13 pm

+100 on what Graham stated.

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 13, 2014 at 2:20:32 pm

Many thanks for your replies and Graham's logic one good of you all!

Jenny

Return to posts index

Ken Honoré
on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:08:53 pm

Had the same thoughts as you, but I was forced to make the switch from 12 to 13. At first, I upgraded HF2Ultimate to HF3Pro because of OpenFX compatibility. When I tried to open HF3pro in Vegas 12, It would revert back to HF2 which is not OpenFx compatible. So it was a necessary upgrade. Beside lacking new features, you do gain some new plugins... Newbluefx Ess V6 retailed at $130 and Izotope Nectar Element in which I can use in Avid Pro-tool retailed at $100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]