FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any ParticleIllusion for OFX (Vegas) users here? Kernelbase.dll exception hang

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
Any ParticleIllusion for OFX (Vegas) users here? Kernelbase.dll exception hang
on Aug 12, 2014 at 9:12:30 am

Hi all,
I have installed the ParticleIllusion OFX v1.06 trial and the plugin has worked fine for about two weeks with no system modifications recently (i.e. install/uninstall, updates). For some reason, it started to throw an exception message like the following whenever I try to "Load Emitter" and Vegas hangs indefinitely when the message is dismissed:
==========================================
Vegas Pro 11.0
Version 11.0 (Build 683) 64-bit
Exception 0xE06D7363 (Unknown Type) IP:0x000007FEFD55AA7D
In Module 'KERNELBASE.dll' at Address 0x000007FEFD550000 + 0x000000000000AA7D
Thread: exception in OFX plug-in ID=0x6F8 Stack=
==========================================

This occurs in both Vegas 11 and 12(b770). If I avoid the "Load Emitter" button I can still configure parameters and render without crashing the plugin, although I wouldn't be able to select an emitter or choose another emitter library. I've already tried restoring the system to just before the dilemma started but this didn't work. I need to have this fixed urgently because several projects are using the OFX plugin. Does anybody have any experience with this as well as what to do when "KERNELBASE.dll" errors occur? Thanks in advance,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Any ParticleIllusion for OFX (Vegas) users here? Kernelbase.dll exception hang
on Aug 12, 2014 at 9:53:00 am

OK, Rick, I can't answers as to what or why that message occurs, but my initial thoughts are that you have TOO much memory allotted to RAM preview - maybe - and also you might consider removing anything that is choking the overall process of VP12.

I'm now running VP13 B373 and I've just rendered a pI Plug event to MXF and it works. The pI GUI does take time to settle, but once going it is there. Just to inform you, I rarely now us pI as a VP Plug and prefer to use the Standalone and overlay BACK into VP13. Maybe I should persevere more with the pI plug?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
Re: Any ParticleIllusion for OFX (Vegas) users here? Kernelbase.dll exception hang
on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:02:23 am
Last Edited By Rick Anvican on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:20:46 am

Hi Graham,
I have Dynamic RAM Preview set to 1024MB usually, the PI OFX plugin has been working along fine with that setting.
It's a personal thing - I'm used to the OFX plugin, probably easier for me to composite on the background, perhaps I should try Standalone then. I really have no idea what would cause PI to misbehave, besides a corrupt user profile, commonly associated with kernelbase.dll.
Thanks for the suggestions,

EDIT: When rendering in Standalone, how would one properly render with a pre-multiplied alpha channel?

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:51:11 am

Could be an issue with your video card/GPU !

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:37:18 pm

Hi Steve,

PI worked fine with and without GPU. Other than "kernelbase.dll" I haven't seen any GPU-related or any other faulting modules,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:56:44 pm

Within VP13B373 I've been clobbering pI for the last hour and I have to say pI and VP is rock solid. No, really! - Something has happened in VP13B373. Maybe they've made the GPU accel more responsive? I dunno....

GenArts and SCS well done!

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:22:50 pm

Guess it's time for me to reinstall Windows...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]