FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extracting a Blu-ray file

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gregory
Extracting a Blu-ray file
on Aug 11, 2014 at 8:00:11 am

A friend saw one of my old DVD's & liked the special first play opening it had. He suggested that maybe I should make a simple compilation of these opening menus.

I used DVDShrink & easily got the files I needed & put them on the Vegas timeline. I have a problem then it comes to doing a similar thing with the more recent Blu-Ray discs.

I have tried opening the appropriate files in Vegas directly from the disc. I can open the Blu-ray stream folder & see the appropriate file but can't get it into Vegas.

The file is only about 5MB & I can copy it to the desktop but even from there I still can't seem to be able to play it correctly. I tried playing the file with players like VLC but all I see is a flash which lasts less than a second even. What I see isn't what the video file contains & I know that I'm playing the correct file because I know the music it contains.

I have had no luck opening the file in DVDA either. I even have an ISO file of the Blu-ray & have been able to open it & see the files that is required but haven't been able to use it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Extracting a Blu-ray file
on Aug 11, 2014 at 2:20:20 pm

[Paul Gregory] "I have tried opening the appropriate files in Vegas directly from the disc. I can open the Blu-ray stream folder & see the appropriate file but can't get it into Vegas. "
This should work but not directly from the disc. I can take an M2TS file from the BDMV/STREAM folder and copy it to my hard drive and then drop it onto the Vegas Pro 13.0 timeline and it plays back fine (I just did it before making this post). Make sure that you copy the file to your hard drive first because Vegas Pro wants to create medadata files in the same folder as the video and if the video is on a Blu-ray disc that folder will be read-only.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]