FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12: .mp4 audio file problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Ryan
Sony Vegas Pro 12: .mp4 audio file problem
on Aug 10, 2014 at 7:17:21 am

Alright so I've been experiencing this kind of problem for a while now and it's been really bugging me. Every time I import a mp4 file into Sony Vegas, my audio seems fine at first but once I play it, these weird little 1 second glitches appear. They are like little beeps or scratch noises in the audio and it's really annoying. Restarting my computer, Sony Vegas, etc., has NO AFFECT whatsoever.When I scroll out, you can't see any problem on the audio, but when I scroll in on the timeline really close to the audio track, you can see where the little beep takes place. Here's a picture example.

1.) is the file scrolled out
2.) is the file scrolled in where the beep takes place.
I know it's not my file that's causing the problem, it plays perfectly in every where else, BUT sony vegas. I'm not really sure what kind of codec I need to download (if I need any of course), but it would really help out a lot if any one can help me identify this kind of problem and fix it immediately.

Return to posts index

Joao Souza
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12: .mp4 audio file problem
on Aug 10, 2014 at 9:55:30 am
Last Edited By Joao Souza on Aug 10, 2014 at 10:00:29 am

I have a recording studio and a lot of times clients brought me recorded stuff from their puters,I've seem that problem many times, it was always fixed by changing their soundcards, nothing else worked, no matter what they tried(about software) still those glitches were there.There was a client which his Cubase used to import audio 30-50 ms after the point he chose, after many days in pain he decided to buy a new soundcard, it never happened again
I can't say you have the same problem but that's the experience I have.
Can you try with another soundcard?
Maybe do the same thing with a different puter?
Those things could help you finding the problem(software or hardware) ;)

We have so much time and so little to do! / Willy Wonka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]