FORUMS: list search recent posts

replacing media causes media to go offline or generate an error (stabilizing with SA Mercalli)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Merrill
replacing media causes media to go offline or generate an error (stabilizing with SA Mercalli)
on Aug 9, 2014 at 7:28:27 pm

Hello,

I had edited some clips in Vegas and LATER wanted to stabilize with Mercalli...

I stabilized it, and then I tried to rename the files so that vegas would just pick it up.. and it didnt.

Then, instead of that approach, I tried to use "replace" in "project media" to replace the stabilized media - and it still gives an error.

whats the deal?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: replacing media causes media to go offline or generate an error (stabilizing with SA Mercalli)
on Aug 10, 2014 at 3:30:17 am

I've learnt that Mercalli doesn't make a file that I CAN do anything with, I get the warning I need to re-apply the Mercalli process. I need to make a RENDERED-out file to allow me to re-edit.

My observation is that Mercalli "holds" our stabilizations results UNTIL rendering. Yes? I find the Mercalli workflow very comfortable. I've never thought of renaming a file until I've rendered-out. I have to ask: Why would you want to rename? I'm sure there's a good reason, I'd like to hear.

Bottom line: Stabilized Events remain volatile, until rendered.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
Re: replacing media causes media to go offline or generate an error (stabilizing with SA Mercalli)
on Aug 10, 2014 at 4:40:05 pm

I am talking about using the standalone mercalli 3...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2014 at 4:45:33 pm

Ah, so what format are you selecting to render to in SA V3?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Aug 10, 2014 at 4:50:06 pm

mov, which is the original. Maybe I should try mp4.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2014 at 4:55:41 pm

Well MOV is a QT format. You could try ensuring you have the latest QuickTime Reader installed? So, it may very well be a QT issue and not primarily Vegas - yeah?

Personally, from SA Merc 3, I've ONLY used the MP4 format. Be prepared for the colour space to be squished importing into Vegas, and you'd need to apply a Levels filter too.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2014 at 5:07:04 pm

Jason, I just tried the QT render option, it is very juddery back in VP13. MP4 files are excellent! - And no issue renaming within VP13.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Aug 10, 2014 at 5:11:09 pm

thank you for all of this. I will try that and get back to you if it doesn't work out.

your help is invaluable, I shoulda thought of this first ;)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2014 at 5:22:28 pm

[Jason Merrill] " I shoulda thought of this first ;)"

Yeah, after 15 years at this stuff, I should have your statement etched on my bathroom mirror - so I can read it every morning . . . !

Anyways, you're welcome!

Grazie

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:00:33 pm

it worked! thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]