FORUMS: list search recent posts

SCC file exported by Vegas Pro not recognised by YouTube?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
SCC file exported by Vegas Pro not recognised by YouTube?
on Aug 9, 2014 at 12:34:24 pm

Hi all,

I recently made a post about Scenarist Closed Captions (SCC) not working on YouTube. I have caption display modes "pop-on" and "paint-on" working on YouTube in SCC files exported by CaptionMaker (A). When I import these files into Sony Vegas (x64/11-b683/12-b770), made minor edits (i.e. corrected spelling mistakes), exported SCC (B) through rendering the project and uploaded them, YouTube could not recognize them. If I import (B) and exported through CaptionMaker as SCC (C), then that would work.
I hope the above description was not too confusing, but as such only scenarios (A) and (C) worked on YouTube.

"Roll-up" captions seems to be unsupported by YouTube; whenever the display mode is set to roll-up(x) mode, x being the number of lines (2,3,4), YouTube converts the SCC to a transcript and as such positioning data is lost. Can someone please confirm if the "roll-up" caption display mode in SCC is still working on YouTube? I need to use this as I don't have much screen space on the videos and most captions need to be offset to the right.

I've already tried the roll-up caption sample project (exporting as SCC, upload to YouTube) but it didn't work:
http://www.cpcweb.com/TechSupport/CapMaker/SampleCaptionProjects/

Thanks in advance,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]