FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re edit question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac McGinnis
Re edit question
on Aug 9, 2014 at 11:20:43 am

After you've created a DVD in Architect and you see you need to make changes how do you pull the edited rendered files back into Architect without starting over again? Setting up your menu's etc.

I'm still a newbie.....sort of. I've just never had to do this.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Re edit question
on Aug 9, 2014 at 11:40:02 am

[Mac McGinnis] "After you've created a DVD in Architect and you see you need to make changes how do you pull the edited rendered files back into Architect without starting over again?"

Mac, when I have needed to do this, and I have, I just reopen the DVDA Project, make my changes, save file as a Version2, AND in another Prepare Folder and then "Prepare" again. DVDA will go ahead and only Prepare those changes - job done! However, you would have need to will Now, all this depends IF you selected SMART PREPARE. This will allow a much quicker re-Prepare.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
on Aug 9, 2014 at 11:47:18 am

Thanks for responding.

So you made your changes in DVDA, and not Vegas? I rerendered in Vegas due to poor video quality. Thought I had something set wrong.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 9, 2014 at 11:54:23 am

Ah, my mistake. You had had pre-DVDA issues you wanted to correct? Yes? I read your OP and read it as if you HAD wanted to edit post-DVDA, not post Vegas.

Now, you can re-render within VP and have those files "replace" those in DVDA. To keep me sane I make the new DVDA Project under a new name.

Now, what is exactly your issue, with the post-Vegas edit?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
on Aug 9, 2014 at 12:17:48 pm

Thanks again,

I assume there's an option when I open the original DVDA file to replace the files?

My original problem I guess I ghosting or blurry video. Not crisp. I've seen many posts on here about that issue but I've never really had it myself. I'm in the middle of rerending again otherwise I'd post all the details about the project.

While rendering the display in vegas looks great. But when I watch it back on the media player or after making a DVD it looks like it was shot on an old VHS camera.

I shot the wedding with a Sony FX1 and AX2000. The wedding DVD turned out fine. The reception DVD didn't.

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
on Aug 10, 2014 at 10:27:07 pm

I simply wanted to add some text media to the project.

But don't know how to replace the old version with the new in DVDA.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:23:03 am

[Mac McGinnis] "I simply wanted to add some text media to the project."
Sure. When you say "Project" do you mean within the DVDA Project or the Vegas Project? And what is the purpose of this new TEXT and what is it for?

[Mac McGinnis] "But don't know how to replace the old version with the new in DVDA."
Sure. I have 2 options:-

Either:

1] Re-render the Vegas Project MPG2 and AC3, within Vegas and use them in DVDA.

. . or

2] Re-render the Vegas Project MPG2 and AC3, within Vegas to a NEW folder, navigate to that NEW folder and use them in DVDA.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:53:40 pm

I wanted to add intro text media to the beginning of the video.

If I rerender in Vegas and name as a different file, once I drag those into DVDA won't it eliminate my menus I've set up?

Sorry, I've not done this that much.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:11:22 pm

[Mac McGinnis] "Sorry, I've not done this that much."
No worries.

When I try and answer a Q here it's often I need to spend time with the USer on just what it is they are asking for. This is no surprise 'cos all this stuff has its own lingo and to be able to competently communicate with each other the actual "shared" language needs to be agreed. - Yeah that's tough.

OK:

Q1] You want to add titles to the beginning.

A1] Well you COULD just make a simple video of those Titles and have them play at the beginning of your DVD in DVDA as "First Play and Once Play Option" - DVDA can do that for you.

or . . .

A2] Render INTO your VP Project those same titles and then re-encode in VP.

A3] Render OVER your VP Project those same titles and then re-encode in VP.

What do you Fancy?

OK... Moving on . .

[Mac McGinnis] "If I rerender in Vegas and name as a different file, once I drag those into DVDA won't it eliminate my menus I've set up?"
That should NOT happen. What DVDA SHOULD do is use these alternative MPEG and AC3. Your Menu Structure should remain intact. If you think about it, if it didn't there'd be many dissatisfied DVDA Users out there! "I used and alternative video and my menus are now screwed-up!". OK, what WILL happen as you've could have extended the length of your video by adding a text section, you may neeed to be careful and see exactly just where the NEW Media is ending ON the DVDA Timeline. Do you understand?

Does this help?

Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]