FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do I create & render different clips from main footage clip please

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
how do I create & render different clips from main footage clip please
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:55:14 am
Last Edited By jenny gold on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:59:16 am

I have my main Footage if I wanted to create a bunch of separate clips and render each one to be its own mp4 How to do this using vegas pro 12 (newbie to all this!)

Question 1

So for example I have a main clip talk doing to camera and various subject matter etc got covered I want to firstly color correct entire clip (since it was taken as one long take)

so I presume that would be logical firsts step yes?

(I know how to split a clip ok) - what I need to know though please is this:

What is the best approach please explain I need to do to split the numerous certain subject matter that got discussed into their own clips and render each one on its own to mp4?
(Some final clips to be mp4 might be 20 secs other a minute or so)

I will probably have about 6 max taken from main entire footage and each one of those say 6 I want to have end up as its own mp4

(I have my setting for the MP4 no problems there)

I just want to know the best logical quickest approach to create 6 separate clips from main footage and convert each one to its own mp4 - so how best to do it please?

*** Question 2

Also, is there a way to copy any color corrections you did and apply same ones used to future clips I bring in?

Because I started /stopped the camera a few times when filming I wanted to bring in those other various main footage and also apply the same color duplicate correction I did on the very first main footage to all the other ones since I have about 5 main footage clips in total to all have same colour correction and then they will be split into their own little mp4 clips

Hence so how I copy color correction once happy and apply same ones used to any other footage as and when brought in rather then take ages applying color correction to each main footage the camera produced since same light environment and subject matter etc

many thanks
Jenny

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: how do I create & render different clips from main footage clip please
on Aug 9, 2014 at 5:35:51 am

Just to break down what you've asked it is :

Question 1

How do I render collections or "batches" of footage to MP4?

Question 2

How do I apply colour correction to all existing or newly imported footage?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:26:22 pm

Yes Graham nicely edited to one sentence forgive my long explanation of what I wanted to achieve!

and your answer is?

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:55:45 am

Question 1:

Vegas Pro has Batch Render script, there are also commercial tools for batch rendering

Question 2:

you can apply color correction to the track with all your clips, or copy it with Paste Event Attributes command. You can also save your settings as a preset chain and use it in other projects. Read Help for more details.

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:49:21 pm

Aleksey Tarasov thanks for your reply HOWEVER doing this batch render thing plugin for me firstly way over my head just reading the jargon from the link you gave complete techo language sorry for me anyways (I am brand new to video editing and sony vegas...)

PLUS do not want to start buying such a purchase (I noticed one has to pay for it) just to in my case grab a few segments from a main footage and create a few mp4 clips from those splits in the footage that go with the changing subjects talked about to a person listening.

****Hence got a be a simple explanation and way to do this please****
i.e. How do I render a few collections of split clips or "batches" taken from the main footage to have those several split clips rendered to MP4

***Do I for example maybe copy /paste split clips I want and create a new project file and render each one?
o, still non the wiser - what do I do please I will probably have 4 to 6 split clips in the end from the main one wanting to be their own rendered mp4.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:11:52 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:13:30 pm

For the very simple outcomes you want, I do it with the existing Tools Vegas already has.

OK, Jenny, I have 2 questions:

Q1 : What version of Vegas are you using?

Q2 : Do you know what a SELECTION is and how to make a SELECTION?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:21:14 pm

Update and now know HOW to do this!

found what I want how to Batch render:

very helpful I get it I was unaware technical term which is called batch render when I first posted SORRY for long way of describing what I wanted to do!

so thanks NOW know how to do it and add color correction to other clips THANK YOU Aleksey Tarasov for telling me how -
Appreciated good of you.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:22:51 pm

Good for you Jenny!

G

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:23:55 pm

You will find Batch Render script in the Tools > Scripting menu.
You should create regions for all your clips and run this script.
p.s. you need Vegas PRO version

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:13:17 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Aug 10, 2014 at 2:52:35 pm

Aleksey Tarasov Thanks...

****QUESTION on Vegasaur****

I noticed Vegasaur does lots of things looks interesting and tool bar it adds to vegas and has a free trial am going to 'try' and play with some of the things it does and also batch render feature...

the issue I have though not a single 'how to video' out there on using Vegasaur indeed any of it I can see.... not even how to batch render in fact spent over an hour googling, youtube not a thing.

Yes results come up for few forums on it and people mention it and really like it but none the less, NOTHING on HOW to USE it anywhere and gosh really can't waste too much time figuring it all out with no tuts on it!

Hmm, for me kind of off putting in getting paid for version down the road...if one has no ideas how to use all the other things it can do (The list what it can do looks impressive and useful when combined inside sony vegas)

I have only discovered since re editing this post you are the developer Do you know of any or can do some? and let alone How to use it to render several clips?

many thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Aug 10, 2014 at 2:40:44 am

Jenny - Aleksey has, in my opinion, created an indispensable tool for Vegas users in Vegasaur. Yes, unfortunately, the documentation is very thin. On the other hand, just ask a question here and you will get prompt replies - usually from Aleksy. (If we could only get that kind of love from Sony...)

Also (Grazie, you knew this was coming)...

There are no clips on the timeline. Everything on the timeline is an event. If you search the help files or manual for "how to do something with clips on the timeline", you won't get any hits.

As in film editing, clips refer to physical media and are represented in the Project Media window. Events point to the clips in the Project Media. You can have many events on the timeline that reference the same media clip, but the timeline treats every event as a separate entity. You can apply different F/X to each event and never touch the media clip. It never gets changed by Vegas (which is the purpose of non-destructive editing). Also, for future reference, if you want to apply the same F/X to every event that uses a media clip, do it in the Event Media window one time.

Hope this helps.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 10, 2014 at 3:58:15 pm

Steve useful education and feedback much appreciated and how things are known as and called in the world of video editing! So yes, very good of you to take the time and explain - thankyou so much!

****On Vegasaur, I did not realize till reading your reply Aleksey developed it how wonderful - cool!

Yes I would have liked Vegasaur to have video tuts etc (I prefer to learn like many from 'seeing' something being done and copy and follow along)

Hence for me, due to also learning sony vegas and getting to grips with basic stuff and doing things (thankfully great forums like this and plenty of videos out there teaching and youtubes makes learning it so much easy)

So yes, such a shame Vegasaur has no videos how to use it when some simple vids would be great and help many even contemplating getting it and what it can do ...as on reading about it now seems a great tool from people on forums such as this - loving it.

And so for me just personally, I just don't want to have to keep asking how to use it, posting things on it ..and asking basic questions (and write it all out back and fro wait for replies and so forth)

I have to consider good use of my time - and video editing and using sony vegas for me main outcome is getting some vids out for clients promoting our services let alone trying to work out a new bit of kit now added in ie. Vegasaur.

So yes I am sure a good asset for sony vegas users and no doubt me, seems very neat - however, for me right now gosh, learning vegas is time consuming - and now maybe this mentioned and said above....

********Steve anyone, how would you batch render Please using Vegasaur?******
I have free trial version I can fire up and it adds a tool bar I believe to sony vegas pro 12 I am using.....

So yes please would like to see if I can grasp it and use the trial version to batch render some split footage from main event to have their own mp4 and file names as in my original post here I wanted to do and asked and I will see how I find it - if anyone can point me in the right direction in using it to batch render a main event (getting the jargon eh Steve!)

****Aleksey, if you read this please, consider doing some videos for it...even more folk I am sure would get it Especially they see its benefits and easy presume to use when a few simple videos can show this, especially for newbies or seasoned folk of video editing and using sony vegas - I think you would sell even more and search engines pick up your vids too!

Thanks Steve and Aleksey

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Aug 10, 2014 at 5:19:22 pm

Don't ever hesitate to ask for assistance here.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 10, 2014 at 9:26:14 pm

Steve how would you batch render using Vegasaur options to go about doing this and HOW to use this ....did mention that and ask towards the end of my last post?
maybe you did not spot it !

Anyways have read what I asked - the excerpt started as above and said:

********Steve anyone, how would you batch render Please using Vegasaur?******

thanks Jenny

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Aug 11, 2014 at 3:36:50 am

Wow, am I red faced...
First, I know that Vegasaur has a powerful batch option because I've seen it, but I've never used it. I once used scripting in Vegas to batch render regions, but that was a long, long time ago.

So, I thought that I should try the Vegasaur tools to render a few tracks in a test project. Sad to say, I was frustrated. Nothing worked according to the instructions (sorry Aleksy). I could not figure out how to add more than one job to the queue, and that was a veg file. Whenever I tried to add a track, the queue window remained blank.

So, I'll defer to Aleksy - what am I doing wrong?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Aug 11, 2014 at 5:36:08 am
Last Edited By Aleksey Tarasov on Aug 11, 2014 at 5:37:50 am

Jenny:

Currently, there are no video instructions. There is a help file (View > Extensions > Vegasaur > Help), which describes all the features. I suggest you to read it.

You must be pretty experienced Vegas user, if you want to use Vegasaur. Some of its tools simply automate tasks that you can do manually. For example, it can create regions at all events on the timeline with a single click, or add "Ken Burns animation" to your slideshow etc. There are tools that you can not replicate manually - for example, Vegasaur can import tracking data from BCC and apply it to the Track Motion, or generate text subtitles from SRT file etc.

I also suggest you to read Vegas help. It contains a lot of useful information!

About Transcoder

The basic unit of work in Transcoder is the job. Job consists of one or several source files, their properties, a render template, and other parameters. Each row in the Transcoder window represents a single job. To create a new job, click the Add button.

Set Output properties and click OK button. Multiple jobs can be created in one operation. For each source project or media file and each render template, a new job will be created. If, for example, 3 source clips were selected and 3 different render templates were specified, 9 jobs would be created.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 11, 2014 at 10:29:06 am

Jenny: I use VASST's FASST Apps "Render Assistant".

It's $9.95

It's very User Friendly.

And has Video Tutorials, that are designed with the newcomer to Vegas in mind.
The Video Tutorials: "Render Assistant - gives you one of the fastest, most functional, and easiest rendering tools available."
And BTW, the FASSTAPPS can be bought separately. Meaning you can purchase what Vegas Tool you want when you want it.

Oh yeah, do look at the full list of tools. They are ALL priced at $9.95 each.

Also the author of all the FASSTAPPs is John Rofrano, who frequents these boards, and would be only to welcoming if you should have any FASSTAPPs question's that needed answering.

Grazie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 11, 2014 at 3:02:54 pm

[Graham Bernard] "And BTW, the FASSTAPPS can be bought separately. Meaning you can purchase what Vegas Tool you want when you want it."
Jenny, The reason we introduced FasstApps is because it's difficult for beginners and sometimes seasoned pros to invest in tools like Ultimate S Pro which does so many things when all you want is to do one thing. So the FasstApps are priced more like smart phone apps at only $9.95 each and they do one set of things and do it well. This way you only buy the features you want, and not a whole lot of features you may never use. We also provide free training videos for all of our apps.
[Graham Bernard] "Also the author of all the FASSTAPPs is John Rofrano, who frequents these boards, and would be only to welcoming if you should have any FASSTAPPs question's that needed answering."
Thank you Graham. Actually I'm a moderator of the Vegas Pro forums so I'm always here to ask questions of or you can contact VASST directly and I'll assist you via email.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Aug 11, 2014 at 7:16:58 pm

Many thanks everyone for your feedback John, Steve, Graham and Aleksey!

And info etc what I can do to batch render quicker and will look into Johns tools and FasstApps as seems easiest as vegas pro all new to me anyways!

again so kind of you all to help and advice...

Jenny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]