FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need ideas with editing sounds in Sony Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Skaar
Need ideas with editing sounds in Sony Vegas
on Aug 8, 2014 at 9:33:24 pm

Hey everyone,

First time posting on this forum but figured I would since I'm kind of stuck here. I own a business and we were asking some parents for feedback and while I was recording them there was a bunch of other people talking in the background and it doesn't sound that good. Is there a way to lower the sound of the people in the background but keep the person who I was talking to the same or louder?

I have Sony vegas pro 13 if that matters.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Need ideas with editing sounds in Sony Vegas
on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:15:48 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:19:46 am

[Matt Skaar] "Is there a way to lower the sound of the people in the background but keep the person who I was talking to the same or louder?"

Matt, SONY do have a "noise" reducing software called Noise Reduction. But this comes as part of the SONY Sound Forge s/w. I'm guessing you don't have this? Do you? You could see if it appears in the Microsoft UNINSTALL Menu. If you did then NR would appear amongst the Audio FXs. Does it? In any event, you're going to need s/w that will be able to determine the hub-bub of background chat from that of the speaker that you want to keep. Tricky....

If you are wanting to invest in a plug and stand-alone Noise reducing s/w I can highly recommend iZotope RX and RX Advanced. I have the Izo RX Advanced and would be willing to trail a small portion for you so you can hear the before and after results I get. Added to which iZotope IS running a deal that expires SOON on RX3 and RX3 Advanced at a discount prior to their launch of RX4 which you'd get free! - Read this: "News: iZotope Announces RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced"

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]