FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas adds a new track for each piece of media? How to stop this?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Brown
Vegas adds a new track for each piece of media? How to stop this?
on Aug 8, 2014 at 3:00:40 am

So whenever I add multiple pieces of media to my timeline in Vegas, a new track is added for audio and video.
I do not want this, I want all of my media to follow the previous piece on the same timeline. In the video I have at the bottom of this post, each piece of my media has two audio tracks and one video, so I should only have three tracks total, but Vegas wants to make a new track for each piece. How can I turn this off?

I have no idea what this function is called, so looking it up has been difficult and has not given me any results. Any ideas or help?

Video of my issues:

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Vegas adds a new track for each piece of media? How to stop this?
on Aug 8, 2014 at 5:59:30 am

It might help to know more specs of the files you are adding, but looking at the project media window details at least one of the audio files has four audio channels.

When multi track audio is added to the timeline it is added across tracks. Apparently always. Since the audio is getting new tracks the video comes along for the ride.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/webhelp/vegaspro/13/ENU/index.htm#Addin...

The only thing I can think you can try is to use Import rather than Open, and then add multiple files to the timeline with a right click and drag. You are then given the option to add across time or tracks. Vegas may still force across tracks.

At that point it comes down placing to one at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]