FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed-Ramping and changing Frame Rates in Sony Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Kee
Speed-Ramping and changing Frame Rates in Sony Vegas Pro 12
on Aug 6, 2014 at 4:03:22 pm

Hello,

I'll be shooting a music video soon on the RED Dragon.

I'll be editing on Sony Vegas Pro 12

Most of the video will be at 100FPS, but I want the option of being able to speed-up the footage so that it plays back at 25FPS, normal speed.

I have tried to change the speed by right-clicking the clip and selecting 'properties' and changing the speed from 100% to 25%. When I do this, the footage plays back at normal speed (ie 25fps), but I get horrible motion-blur and it looks awful. It messes up the motion (unusable).

Does anyone know a way to change the clip-velocity so that 100FPS plays back at 25FPS without messing up the motion (and without individually removing frames)?

Thanks,

Will

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Speed-Ramping and changing Frame Rates in Sony Vegas Pro 12
on Aug 6, 2014 at 5:07:53 pm

You need to disable resampling if the frame blending due to the frame rate resampling if the result is objectionable.

If your project is 25fps and you want the 100fps file to play at normal speed, then you do not need to do anything. Except maybe disable resampling.

If you want a 4X SlowMo, 100fps file to 25fps playback, then set the playback rate to .25 and have resampling disabled. Actually any SlowMo up to 4X should get good result with a 100fps source and 25fps project. 4X is "perfect" since no frames are dropped and none are inserted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]