FORUMS: list search recent posts

using videoclips from an other vegas project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Adama
using videoclips from an other vegas project
on Aug 6, 2014 at 2:14:15 pm

Hello everybody
How do I import Videoclips from an older Vegas Pro Project into a actual Project. I know how to use an previous project into an actual one, but not, how to use only a few clips. Since I still use HDV filmfootage (recorded on DV Tape), I cannot use the data showing up the explorer.
Just for your info: I am a newcomer with Vegas Pro and used upto now AVID Liquid.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Just as an feedback for the COW Comunity: I use frequently the question/answer dialog and learned a lot!!
Rob Adama Switserland

Robert Adama, Switserland
Windows7 64bit ASUS P7P55D Intel i7 2.8 GHz, 16BB DDR3-1333
Graphic HD 5770 128 bit
Vegas Pro9 and
Win XP 32bit with AVID Liquid 7.2

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: using videoclips from an other vegas project
on Aug 6, 2014 at 4:03:55 pm

I always use the File Import command. It has several options. I always the import Media option which imports files from wherever they are stored on my system, but I see there is also a Media from Project option. Perhaps that is what you are looking for.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Aug 8, 2014 at 11:18:28 am

I always simply drag the files from windows explorer directly onto the timeline.

Theo

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Aug 6, 2014 at 4:08:05 pm

I also use DV video. Not sure how you've done in the past, but I always acquire the video segments from the DV tape/recorder and save as files on my hard drive. You can then select these clips while in Vegas, using the Explorer tab to find the file(s) on your hard drive, then drag it onto your timeline.

Secondly, you could open two instances of Vegas, in the first, load the project that contains the events (you call clips) you want to use. Then you can right click on the event, select Copy, then go to your second instance of Vegas running (where you want to put the copied event), and then right-click and select Paste on the track you want to put this event.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Robert Adama
on Aug 7, 2014 at 8:19:21 pm

Thx a lot for replying so quickly! and I'll try it out this weekend and let you know the outcome.
[as I mentioned, I used to use AVID Liquid 7.2 (Little brother/sister of AVID Media Composer-) there the procedure is simillar but not the same]

Windows7 64bit ASUS P7P55D Intel i7 2.8 GHz, 64BB DDR3-1333
Graphic Sapphire HD 6870 128 bit
Vegas Pro 12. Additionally

Return to posts index

Robert Adama
on Aug 16, 2014 at 7:48:36 pm

Super, it worked and so I can use the events (clips), which I have already on my harddisk.Tnx again for your help!
Unfortunately, I have now "imported" unconciously, an other problem.To explain is rather difficult, but I uploaded a detail-Picture. See my link:
http://i1.creativecow.net/u/219976/sm/soundshift2.jpg
If I move the videotrack, the sound track remains where it is, indicating how much timeshift between video and Sound exist. Apparently I introduced this my self. How can I move- in one go- Video and Sound, without causing a shift (asynchron sound/Video)

I would be very obliged, if you could give me a advise!
And, sorry disturbing you again!
Robert

Windows7 64bit ASUS P7P55D Intel i7 2.8 GHz, 64BB DDR3-1333
Graphic Sapphire HD 6870 128 bit
Vegas Pro 12. Additionally

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Aug 17, 2014 at 10:45:51 pm

Easy! You need to put the video and sound events into a Group. Left-click on the video event, then shift-left-click on the sound event (which should select both of them), then press the G key (or alternatively, with the two events selected, right-click on them and select Group|Select New from the context sensitive menu that appears). Bam! Done!

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]