FORUMS: list search recent posts

GPU Acceleration Crashing Windows

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Hawklsey
GPU Acceleration Crashing Windows
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:51:08 am

Hello!

I'm looking for help related to some strange crashes happening recently. I usually edit Fraps footage (60FPS, 1920 x 1080) and tone it down to just 30FPS 1080p, and then use the Upload to Youtube feature. The video usually renders and uploads absolutely fine, however, recently, my computer has just frozen multiple times. The freezes almost always happen during renders, and occasionally when I'm interacting with the timeline and the preview is active.

When the freeze occurs, I'm left with a functioning mouse, but I'm unable to click on absolutely anything. CTRL ALT DEL worked successfully, but upon opening the task manager the screen fades out to black, rather than returning to my desktop. I'm also able to hold the power button and shut down Windows perfectly fine.

Here are my specs:
Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 280X

Thank you for reading.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: GPU Acceleration Crashing Windows
on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:02:40 am

Have you updated the GPU Card or anything else manually
or automatically recently?... If so, that is most likely
what's causing you this recent issue.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jack Hawklsey
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:10:27 pm

No, I have not updated my drivers lately. They are the latest beta drivers.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 5, 2014 at 11:20:02 am

In general, Vegas Pro doesn't do well with Fraps footage. I would convert it to M-JPEG which should be much easier for Vegas to edit. I would also record at 30fps if you are rendering to 30fps. There is no need to double the frame rate and then throw 1/2 of the frames away.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jack Hawklsey
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:14:21 pm

Okay, I will look at converting the footage. And I have to record at 60FPS, because the game I record caps itself at the FPS I record at. I have made sure that "lock framerate" is off, so I have no idea why that happens.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Aug 5, 2014 at 11:56:33 am

Check your CPU temps. Might be overheating during renders, but John is usually right re: FRAPS footage.

Return to posts index

Jack Hawklsey
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:46:56 pm

While rendering, the maximum temperature rose to 80-81 degrees. I'm not that well educated, but the "Distance to TJ max" stopped at about 20, which I guess is okay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]