FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio playback problem in timeline in Vegas 13 64bit

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Burnside
Audio playback problem in timeline in Vegas 13 64bit
on Aug 3, 2014 at 9:17:47 am

Hey, I'm having a very annoying problem in Vegas.. I've just started using Vegas and begun editing a music video. Whenever I play back anything in my timeline, the audio plays for about 10 seconds, then maybe breaks up once or twice, then stops altogether. The video will continue to play but the audio is dead (and nothing shows up on the audio meters either).

I've tried a few different audio file types (including a video with audio) and same problem. If I minimise the program then bring it back up it will play back audio again for another few seconds before the problem reoccurs. I frequently record and edit music on my pc with cubase so I know audio playback is not usually an issue.

I've tried with and without my focusrite audio interface and trying all the different drivers in audio options tab.

My system is Windows 7 64bit, i7-2670QM 2.2ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX560M. Page file on C:/ set to 10GB. Project is running off a USB3 seagate external HD. All footage was shot in 2k on a F55 with XAVC codec.

Any help much appreciated, thank you!

Return to posts index

Jordan Burnside
Re: Audio playback problem in timeline in Vegas 13 64bit
on Aug 3, 2014 at 1:23:29 pm

hey seemed to have worked out a fix - disabling the buffering option in the audio settings.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Audio playback problem in timeline in Vegas 13 64bit
on Aug 3, 2014 at 5:47:57 pm

Yes, that also helps.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>