FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble installing new video FX!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ole Anders
Trouble installing new video FX!
on Aug 2, 2014 at 11:29:40 pm

I've tried installing some free effects for Sony Vegas Pro 12. The FX packs were linked from youtube videos that included installation tutorials, which I've followed, and with confirmations from several users that they should be compatible with versions 11, 12 and 13 of Sony Vegas Pro.

I went on to download the sfpreset files and installed them via the preset manager as instructed. Now, my new effects and filters show up under the "Filter Packages" tab in my Video Event FX tab in Vegas, but the icons besides the effects are white "rectangles", unlike those by the stock effects, wjavascript:void(0);hich have the standard greenish FX-icon.

I can't seem to apply my new effects to my clips in any way, any suggestions?

These are my newly installed effects;

And these are the stock effects in Vegas;

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Trouble installing new video FX!
on Aug 3, 2014 at 3:38:16 am

[Ole Anders] "but the icons besides the effects are white "rectangles", unlike those by the stock effects"

That is the icon used by Vegas for filter packages.

Filter packages are simply a collection of other effects. The effects used by a filter package must already be installed. This really only matters if the package is using something other than the standard Vegas effects.

Return to posts index

Ole Anders
Re: Trouble installing new video FX!
on Aug 3, 2014 at 1:33:26 pm

Okay, makes sense, but I've gotten a reply from the youtube user who made and linked the presets, who said that it should work in VP 11, 12 and 13 without any extra FX installed prior to the filter packages. I've even went and uninstalled VP 12, then upgraded and done a fresh install of VP 13, but still no luck using the new presets. It's really starting to bug me, and I can't seem to find a fix anywhere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]