FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Youtube Encoding

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linda Cook
HD Youtube Encoding
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:32:18 am

Okay, I'm getting somewhat desperate, so here we go.

I have Sony vegas Pro 12 Edit, and am currently using it for fanvids. I bought the software because I wanted to have higher quality uploads and had seen others using Vegas to do their vidding.

When I got the software, however, I was quite confused. Before I had Vegas, I was using Sony Movie Studio, and it seems to me that my quality was better before.

-With Movie Studio-

-With Vegas-

So, I took to this forum to ask advice and received a suggestion to render to uncompressed AVI and use Handbrake to convert to AVI. I tried it, and for a while, it seemed to work, to some extent:

But what I want is for it to look like this:

And aside from that, Vegas has suddenly started taking forever to render. And Handbrake has stopped rendering to MP4, and instead renders to mkv, and screws up the audio/video sync.

If anyone can help me out with figuring out what's going wrong with my process, I would appreciate it greatly. I love vidding, but the rendering and compressing frustrates and confuses me.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: HD Youtube Encoding
on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:26:20 am

All of my YouTube (and Vimeo) videos are rendered using the MainConcept HD for Internet 1080 render choice, and I turn up the average and maximum bit rates. If I need the utmost quality, giving up a faster render, I enable two-pass rendering.

What you have not provided to us is how you are capturing the movie footage. I know the capture software my son uses has a pretty low capture nitrate, which yields a poor quality. If I were you I'd research what method is best for your capture needs.

Dave

Return to posts index

Linda Cook
Re: HD Youtube Encoding
on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:56:46 am

I've been using MagicDVDRipper on standard discs for the most part. I use a higher bitrate on that to get better quality footage than I was previously getting. Recently I ripped in AVI as high as I could get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]