FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 12 Will Not Open Project File

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Sony Vegas 12 Will Not Open Project File
on Jul 25, 2014 at 8:23:49 pm

I have been working on this project for a good 8 months, it is about 4 megabytes big, when I open it the green loading bar will get max to 40 percent and then it will freeze there, I can see on the timeline it loads my number of audio tracks and video tracks but it will not load or show any of my video or audio on the timeline, also in the project media bin those files will load as well except they will never load enough to show a thumbnail preview, I try to click and it immediately says "not responding"

I have absolutely no idea how or why this happened, I was editing on this project for the past 8 months with no problem, I was editing today and all I did was close the program and reopen it and since then it just will not open, ive tried to reinstall vegas it does not work still, and ive even tracked to look for one of the backup files, I found one that has most of my work done but at the same time I would really like to have the one I had before it froze, does anyone know any ideas? thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Sony Vegas 12 Will Not Open Project File
on Jul 26, 2014 at 3:56:54 am

For future use, you should periodically do an incremental backup. For example, "project-01.veg", then "project-02.veg".

But that doesn't help you now.

When it hangs use Resmon to see if Vegas is waiting for another process.

Also try this: Exit Vegas then open the Task Manager, and look in the Processes Tag. Sort the list by Name. If you see FileIOSurrogate running, right-click and tell Task Manager to Kill the process. After that, the program should start up normally and relaunch a new copy of FileIOSurrogate.
There should be no fileIOSurrogate process running if Vegas is not. There should be only one instance of FileIOSurrogate running for each instance of Vegas (Vegas120.exe in the process list). You may need to refresh the task manager window to make sure.

If Vegas terminates abnormally, the FileIOSurrogate process may be left running in memory. This can prevent a new instance of the program from starting up.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jul 26, 2014 at 7:35:54 pm

Thank you for your help!

I managed to find a solution the other day, i simply just installed the newest version of Vegas (13) I had 12 and it was able to open it!

Im assuming it was some type of error with a sound file or video or who knows, eaither way whatever it was 13 obviously was able to handle it!

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Aug 3, 2014 at 4:37:41 am

This is weird, I have been able everytime to open it in 13 but it takes a very very long time about an hour everytime, but all of a sudden now I do not think it will be opening anymore...

Its been over 2 hours and it still is stuck at 41 percent.

Ive tried to see if filesurogate was running but it isnt there once vegas is closed, im not sure what resmon is

Other than that I am so confused why it is so difficult to just open my project, once its open its not like its slow or anything I can edit and work with it fine once its open

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]