FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Movie Studip HD 10 Crash During Rendering - A Solution

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bad Boy Media Productions
Sony Vegas Movie Studip HD 10 Crash During Rendering - A Solution
on Jul 25, 2014 at 7:14:30 am

I recently noticed that I had a consistent crash while trying to render videos in Movie Studio HD 10. By consistent, I mean that it would always crash at the same spot with an unknown error during rendering. I also notice that my editing session sometime crash at the same point in the time line.

I was at my wits end trying to figure out what the problem was after trying everything I could think of including: re-importing the files, starting a new project, checking the integrity of the HDD. Everything looked fine. I ruled out a corrupt file since the "raw" (original) files played back ok on the cameras and in Windows Media Player without problems. By chance I played it back in VLC Media Player and noticed that at the spot where the crash occurred in the SVMS timeline, there appears to be some digital artifact (smear, jump, glitch, etc.) which did not show in WMP or the camera.

I investigated in SV by starting playback just before and just after the event in the timeline. Invariably, it would crash at the same spot and any point between the duration of the event. There was no crash starting after the event. Rarely, it would play through the event.

The next step was to render just the portion of video slightly before and after the event. Again, the rendering always crashes.
Next step was to cut the portion of video containing the event. This can be tricky, as sometimes just highlighting the portion of the video with the event would also cause a crash. If this potion is successfully removed, the video would render.

Bottom line, if you run into this kind of issue, you might be having the same issue as I did. Check it out in VLC (or some similar program) to verify if the original imported video file is corrupt. It might save you some headache. I discovered this the hard way on a 12 hour render.

This was verified on two different platforms running Win XP 32-bit and Win 7 64-bit. Hope it helps.

BBMPRO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]