FORUMS: list search recent posts

The effects in a particular video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Lee
The effects in a particular video
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:06:49 am

I'm new to editing and there are several effects in this video that interest me. I can't search for these because I don't know what they're called. Searching music video effects only granted me some similar effects but I would like to know what these are called exactly, and if possible, directions to resources that can allow me to learn how to utilize them.

- Specifically, in the beginning where, the color channels (?) become disjointed with a vibrating effect.
- 0:23 the screen goes everywhere really fast.
- Starting at 0:30 There are flashes that occasionally occur, I can probably figure this out, but is there a standard in this effect?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: The effects in a particular video
on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:43:40 am

Link?

Return to posts index

Dave Lee
on Jul 25, 2014 at 4:14:08 am

Haha... Sorry.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jul 26, 2014 at 9:53:03 pm

[Dave Lee] "- Specifically, in the beginning where, the color channels (?) become disjointed with a vibrating effect.
- 0:23 the screen goes everywhere really fast.
- Starting at 0:30 There are flashes that occasionally occur, I can probably figure this out, but is there a standard in this effect?"

Don't expect effects vendors to call effect by the same or similar names. That said.

About the channel disjointed thing. NewBlue has an effect called RGB Shift that can do this.

About the goes everywhere fast item. Is this really more than just speeding up the playback.

The flashes can be a lot of things. One would have to look at it frame by frame to figure out what is going on. I think the better thing to ask is, what do you want to do, and then look for something in Vegas or third party that can help you get the visual look you want.

With a flash. Do you want to brighten only the highlights and leave the rest the same. In essence, flash, the highlights. Do you want to flash everything. Do you want a flash that is more like a lens flare.
NewBlue has something called Psycho Strobe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]