FORUMS: list search recent posts

About video quality in sony vegas 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
balazs puma
About video quality in sony vegas 13
on Jul 23, 2014 at 5:25:03 pm

Hi, I have a question about the best rendering format. I always used .wmv with best quality settings, but I notice that my videos becomes less colorfull, I know this is only a preview window but still it looks bad like the rendered file.

Pls check my screenshot:

http://s30.postimg.org/b0du5gtdb/N_vtelen.jpg

Right side is the original video.

Please help how to render the best quality as possible.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: About video quality in sony vegas 13
on Jul 24, 2014 at 4:53:26 am

Best rendering format for what, meaning where are your rendered videos destined?
Render formats differs depending on what you gonna do with the finished content.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

balazs puma
on Jul 24, 2014 at 12:30:19 pm

the original file is 1080p .MOV , i would like to store on my pc losless and upload it to youtube aswell. but youtube is an other problem it makes my videos darker

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:59:26 pm

[balazs puma] "the original file is 1080p .MOV , i would like to store on my pc losless and upload it to youtube aswell. but youtube is an other problem it makes my videos darker"

Forget the lossless thoughts. True lossless rendered files are more massive than you can imagine. Your best lossless are your original files and the Vegas project itself.

For uploading to Youtube, look at rendering with the Mainconcept or Sony AVC "Internet" templates. These renders are not really suitable for archive.

If you really want a rendered archive format you might look at XAVC Intra which is a codec native to Vegas. Or if you install a codec DNxHD or Cineform. These are all intermediate formats. The files will be quite large but high quality.

If your video gets darker on Youtube it sounds like you have a levels problem. There are countless threads on this and other forums on this subject. If this is the case, your camera is outputting full range data, Computer RGB, and the renders need to be in the Studio RGB range. If your camera is a DLSR then situation is a near certainty.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]