FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still image does not match 720 x 576 render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Stanesby
Still image does not match 720 x 576 render
on Jul 22, 2014 at 4:16:39 pm

Hello,
I am wanting to render out a project to 720 x 576 widescreen 16:9 DVD format from Vegas pro 11 to Architect 6. The video renders fine but any still images have a slight black bar either side.

It was HD project and was created using the settings HD 1080-50i(1920x1080, 25.000 fps) in properties. This rendered to blu-ray in architect fine with no issues.

I now wish to make a SD DVD of the same project. First I kept the same properties and rendered out as DVD Architect PAL Widescreen video stream as 720 x 576.
During rendering I noticed the video was fine in the preview window but any still images were not fitting.

I then tried adjusting the properties but this created the same issue with the stills? Again, if i tried to zoom in on the still to fill out the window this has no effect as it is as though the black bars on the edge are the edge of the screen to the image.

If I render at 704 x 576 this appears fine and the stills fit...but am I correct that this will not fit true 16:9 widescreen and there may be some letter boxing at the sides after completed render?

My understanding is that 720 x 576 is the SD format for broadcast so how do I get the still images to fit this?

Thank you for you time and any help with this.

Kind regards

Martin Stanesby

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Still image does not match 720 x 576 render
on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:32:42 am

On the still image on the time line, right mouse click, then select Properties and Un-tick Maintain Aspect ratio. See if that cues it...

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Jul 23, 2014 at 10:04:02 am

Martin, not sure of what you want exactly but, if you want to render in 16:9 format for widescreen and your still images are not in this aspect ratio then you will certainly lose some of the image when you make it conform to the widescreen format if you don't allow the letterbox effect. If this is not a problem then simply right-click each image in the pan/crop window in Video FX and select 'Match Output Aspect'. As long as your project settings are 720x576 then your images will be cropped to match this aspect. You may have to move the image around a bit of course in order to have the focus of the image on the screen.
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Martin Stanesby
on Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48:42 pm

Thanks for both of your replies guys,

John, thanks that did the trick!

Phil, My problem wasn't so much that the still images didn't fit the aspect ratio and needed cropping, it was that they were already fitted to my project for HD setting (blu-ray) but when rendering to SD 16:9 there appeared tiny black margins on the left and right edges. The video was fine...but not the stills. It would seem the video adjusts automatically but the stills required un-ticking' the 'maintain aspect ratio'. When this was done they fitted perfectly.

Martin

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Jul 24, 2014 at 7:18:07 am

Hi Martin. Glad that sorted it. Regards John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]