FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a difference between V11 and V13 Vegas with MainConcept compression?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Suarez
Is there a difference between V11 and V13 Vegas with MainConcept compression?
on Jul 22, 2014 at 3:46:08 pm

Hi
I rendered the same file in V11 and V13 with MainConcept using "internet HD 1080p" V11 file size was 819,000 and V13 was 135,200. Also, when I play back on my computer the V13 mpeg4, I see artifacts and stuff, but when I take that same file and play it through my Vizeo tv, it plays very clean. V11 file played very clean.
I also compared settings between V11 and V13 with the MainConcept screen. Number of reference frames is default at 2, and V11 is at 1. Also V13 has number of slices option and V11 does not. I don't even know what that is. I am rendering to CPU.
If you have V11 and V13, try rendering the same file.

Not sure what to do if I have a file for a client and it looks artifacty on my computer but plays great when transferred to a TV. Never had this problem with V11.
As a test, I saved my own customs settings in V11 Mainconcept and opened it up in V13 mainconcept, and still the problem with artifacts. I have updated my ATI REdeon HD 5770 card, don't think that would be the problem.
Any ideas

Return to posts index

Jeff Suarez
Sony mpeg4 VS Mainconcept mpeg4 in V13 Vegas
on Jul 22, 2014 at 4:33:58 pm

I took the V13 Mainconcept Mpeg file and played it on my laptop, ran fine, looks fine. So something changed in V13 that it makes the playback not compatable with my video card on my editing desktop computer.
But still, why the increase in file size between V11 and V13 mpeg4 file size? Anyone see this with V12?

Makes me nervous if I send a V13 mpeg4 file out to my clients, and they might have a video card issue with this codec.
Is Sony AVC a better and safer way to go?

I tried the Sony Mpeg4 AVC Codec on V13 Vegas, and looks fine.
So if I can't find a solution, I will use Sony AVC 1080p codec.
Is there a huge difference between MainConcept and SOny in compression and quality and audio? I would be uploading to Youtube or the web.
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]