FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with audio levels for youtube

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Sullivan
Problems with audio levels for youtube
on Jul 21, 2014 at 8:53:37 pm

Hey there sorry to be a pain but im confused what im doing wrong with my audio levels. I normalize my audio tracks , first i add some dbs to each audio track to get them into the yellow and not peak into red. Then i use the master audio level track thing and do the same. Whhen im on youtube i have the audio level in the middle, i find that other videos are loud but mine seems kind of quiet but i dont know what im doing wrong :S im extremely new to sony vegas , here is a video for example im not looking for views or subs though so dont sub or anything.

it even peaked a tad in this video when i was editing :S

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Problems with audio levels for youtube
on Jul 22, 2014 at 3:34:29 am

Just to be clear here, have you done this YT rendering before now? Are you using the same render template?

There is something in your render workflow that is further Normalising DOWNWARDS your render.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Michael O'Sullivan
on Jul 22, 2014 at 3:46:37 am

i started using a plugin for sony vegas called video4youtube so i just pick highest quality and hit render, so its turning down my volume kind of? thank you so so much for your reply Graham i really appreciate it

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:34:27 am

That video seems plenty loud enough to me. If you want to compress the dynamics a bit you can put Wave Hammer Surround on the Master Audio Bus and use the Volume Maximizer tab to increase the perceived loudness by lowering the Threshold which will compress the lower sounds making them louder.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Michael O'Sullivan
on Jul 22, 2014 at 7:38:13 pm

ah ok thank you so so much :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]