FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
Render settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please
on Jul 20, 2014 at 7:05:24 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Jul 20, 2014 at 7:23:52 pm

Whenever I upload my rendered video file to youtube despite it being rendered via Sony vegas pro12 using mp4 Main Concept AVC Internet HD 720
Youtbe keeps saying: Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. For more information, visit our Help Center.

It is just over 14 minutes in length yet it takes almost two hours to load so firstly:

Any ideas if this about right taking typically that long to upload for such a short 15 time video ?

(To me that's way too long I know internet providers speed upload varies from folk to folk homessurely though this is somewhat not an average time for a 15 minute video to take almost two hours (even say a 10 minute video I noticed can be near on same almost two hours)

****Plus what may I do rendering setting differently then to avoid getting this message "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format"

and please Tips for better faster Youtube upload times some advice or feedback!

**My final video file once rendered properties info for it came out as: MP4 video file, Length 14.49 minutes size 865MB (1280 x 720) 30 frames /second (I also shot original footage same) Data rate 7769kbps and total bitrate 815kbps

Now Here are My (saved preset) render settings I use in sony vegas pro12 .... as confirmed by John Rofrano the other month in previous post (under work flow) as being fine to use for websites or youtube they are :
select Main Concept AVC Internet HD 720
Match project video frame rate / set to: allow source to adjust frame rate
field order non progressive scan
Variable bit rate 16,000
Average bps 8,000
Audio settings 48,000

Many thanks
Jenny

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: nder settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please
on Jul 20, 2014 at 10:14:43 pm

The upload time to YouTube depends on your internet upload speed. What your experiencing doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me. My broadband speed is 15mb down but upload speed is maybe 1 or 2mb. Most ISPs don't offer super-fast upload speeds. My YouTube uploads take a long time, too.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: nder settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please
on Jul 22, 2014 at 3:05:38 am

I'm going to make you jealous.
Where I live we have competition between Verizon and Comcast, and very recently, Verizon dropped a bombshell - they are upgrading all subscribers to synchronous connections. WooHoo. I just ran speedtest and am getting 78Mbps down and 39Mbps up. It's not totally synchronous, but my upload speed is way faster than what I signed up for.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Render settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please
on Jul 20, 2014 at 11:20:00 pm

[jenny gold] "****Plus what may I do rendering setting differently then to avoid getting this message "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format""

Did you have the "Enable progressive download" option checked in your render template?

This may be what Youtube is talking about in their message.

With this checked, the file header information is placed at the front of the file. With this, Youtube can start processing/encoding your upload at the same time as you are uploading. Without it checked Youtube cannot start processing your video until the very last byte of your upload is received.

As for how long it takes to upload, that is all dependent on your internet upload speed. In this example you are uploading 865MB.

Return to posts index

jenny gold
Re: Render settings & Youtube keeps telling me process faster if you encode into a streamable file ADVICE please
on Jul 23, 2014 at 6:54:56 pm

Thanks Norman will check what you said to Enable progressive download Option and maybe do another file upload one next few days using that in case I somehow did not use which could be the case and use this option

Jenny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]