FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT Render Option Disappeared From Vegas 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bruffey
QT Render Option Disappeared From Vegas 13
on Jul 20, 2014 at 1:38:46 am

So here's one I can't resolve (no pun intended).

My current workflow while learning Resolve has been to export footage from my EX1 & EX3 into Vegas, render the clips out as Resolve-friendly MOVs for grading, then exporting from Resolve as an MOV for editing, tweaking and final rendering in Vegas. Probably not the most eloquent way but for now I'm still just playing (though I just picked up a Samurai so serious work will be recorded as DNxHD which will let me go straight from the drive to Resolve).

Suddenly, Vegas 13 will not read MOVs or offer QT as an output option. Vegas 12 on the same system, however, has no issues.

The only recent change was the purchase and installation of the Miraizon ProRes and DNxHD Codec package for rendering. Both Vegas 13 and 12 initially saw the new codecs but now 13 does not. Tried reinstalling QT and Miraizon but 13 just will not read MOVs.

Any ideas on what to try next? At this point I can't use 13 for any new projects using either the Samurai or Resolve.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: QT Render Option Disappeared From Vegas 13
on Jul 20, 2014 at 4:09:54 am

Did you try reinstalling QT?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Scott Bruffey
on Jul 20, 2014 at 6:03:41 am

Hi Steve, thanks for jumping in. Yes, I tried reinstalling QT but unfortunately, it didn't make a difference.

Return to posts index

Scott Bruffey
on Aug 6, 2014 at 5:54:20 pm

If anyone has any thoughts, I can really use some help here. I've been back and forth with Sony's technical support and so far it's been useless.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions of QT as well as the ProRes codecs, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Vegas 13 but nothing will let 13 see, read or play .mov files; they literally just do not exist for 13. Further, there no render options for QT files in the Render As dialog. However, Vegas 12 on the same computer can handle all these tasks without issue.

What does Vegas 12 see that 13 can't? Does anyone know where 12 is looking for codecs versus where 13 is looking? I'm hoping I might be able to simply copy and paste from the 12 location to the 13 location. 13 USED to see these without issue but nothing I do now will let 13 see them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]