FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools AAF export returns "Archiving failed. See log for details."

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Costin
Pro Tools AAF export returns "Archiving failed. See log for details."
on Jul 10, 2014 at 5:42:58 pm

Hi,

Maybe someone out there can help me get to the bottom of this because it's driving me nuts.

I have a project for which I have done the sound design in Vegas Pro 13. I wish to transfer the work over to Pro Tools but keep getting this error.

"Archiving failed. See log for details."

In the log file, after all the entries describing files being copied successfully, right at the bottom is this error which I cannot find any information on:

Unexpected problem: System.Exception: AppendClipToTrack failed(error code: 0x8012016C ).
at AafWriterWrapper.Exporter.AddTrackEvent(Int32 trackEventIdx, TrackEvents trackEvents, UInt32 chanIdx)
at AafWriterWrapper.Exporter.AddTrackEvent(Int32 trackEventIndex, TrackEvents trackEvents)
at VegasScripts.ProToolsExporter.AddSequenceItem(Int32 trackEventIndex, TrackEvents trackEvents)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportSequence(Project project)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportAll(Project project, String outputFile)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportProjectStep.ExportProjectStep_DoWork()
at Sony.MediaSoftware.Archive.SinglethreadStep.Run()
at Sony.MediaSoftware.Archive.Steps.NextStep()
Archiving complete.

Here are the things I've eliminated:

I have 41 tracks - but the number of tracks is not the problem.
There are no video tracks or clips in the project.
The track automation is not the problem.
Retimed events are not the problem.

I have tried removing large chunks of the project and trying again and again to narrow down to see if it's a certain clip which is causing the problem. Eventually I get to a point where I think I have found it, but then when I bring everything else back and remove the one clip which I believed caused the error, I still get the error. So I guess it's possible there are multiple clips which are causing the error.

The clip I found to cause an error was a stereo 48/16 AIF file. I'm sure there are plenty of these in there but I can't see how that file format could cause an issue like this.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mike Peterson
Re: Pro Tools AAF export returns "Archiving failed. See log for details."
on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:04:31 pm

Lewis,
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.
Mike

Return to posts index

Lewis Costin
on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:48:02 am

Hi Mike,

Nope still stumped :(

Return to posts index

Jack Hubbell
on May 29, 2015 at 3:53:17 am

Unexpected problem: System.Exception: AppendClipToTrack failed(error code: 0x8012016C ). anyone know why I get this erro in vegas 13 when I try to export and AAf to pro tools. or even what it means

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]