FORUMS: list search recent posts

Verticle "Letterbox" bars for 4:3 vid in DVD Architect Studio are not black

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Glaser
Verticle "Letterbox" bars for 4:3 vid in DVD Architect Studio are not black
on Jul 9, 2014 at 5:34:16 pm

I've seen a thread where horizontal letterboxing color is not true black on the rendered video, but this is different.

I'm able to successfully make 4:3 or 16:9 videos in Sony Vegas 10 and output them on DVD in DVD Architect studio, but if I make a project with both 4:3 and 16:9 videos in Architect Studio, it places bars on either side of the 4:3 video to match the width of the 16:9 videos - but those bars are a light brown color, both on-screen in Architect and on the DVD, not black. I've scoured the Help menu to no avail. Is there a way to change the default color of those vertical "letterbox" bars?

Return to posts index

jeff cremeen
Re: Verticle "Letterbox" bars for 4:3 vid in DVD Architect Studio are not black
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:11:01 pm

If you are doing any video plug-in processing on the master then it will affect the whole screen including the black bars.

You can engage your video scopes and make sure that your black level is black as well.

Return to posts index

Ken Glaser
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:19:17 pm

Hi Jeff. I'm not doing any processing; I'm placing a 4:3 video (which plays fine in 4:3 on any media player, with no side bars because the media players recognize its aspect ratio) into an Architect project with two 16:9 videos. On the Architect preview screen the 16:9 videos fill the screen, but for the 4:3 video there are side bars which fill in the screen width. They are not black.

Return to posts index

jeff cremeen
on Jul 9, 2014 at 7:02:37 pm

I would take the 4x3 videos and run them through vegas and make them 16x9.

I took a 4x3 B&W video and noticed that the left right bars were not truly black as well in the preview. Interesting, never really took notice since I don't work with 4x3 without going through vegas first and outputting the 16x9.

Maybe someone one else can be of more help..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]