FORUMS: list search recent posts

opening.bak files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john williams
opening.bak files
on Jul 8, 2014 at 8:25:46 pm

I have Sony Vegas Pro 12. I accidently deleted a project and was able to undelete a name.veg.bak file. I cannot open it. in older post it said put the file in vegas and it will open. Did not work . i got "none of the files dropped on vegas pro could be opened"

Another suggestion was to drag file on to the vegas icon. This opened vegas but a warning said "an error occurred while loading the project file" and the "file is an unsupported format" and the file did not open

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: opening.bak files
on Jul 8, 2014 at 9:20:58 pm

You need to remove the .bak from the file name and then it should open as expected.
Once you recover it, immediately resave it under a new name.

Return to posts index

john williams
on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:44:26 pm

Did not work. Got

"an error occurred while loading the project file" and the "file is an unsupported format" and the file did not open

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:43:48 pm

Strange. That should've worked. Just to confirm you did rename it like myfile.veg.bak to myfile.veg, correct?

Return to posts index

john williams
on Jul 9, 2014 at 8:20:06 am

"Strange. That should've worked. Just to confirm you did rename it like myfile.veg.bak to myfile.veg, correct?"

Yes

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:32:48 am

Sorry John but you have me stumped. All I can think of is that the bak file is corrupt :(

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:19:07 pm

I'd recommend making sure you have visible file extensions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions
(Google show file extensions 'yourOS'

Before you attempt to rename the file. If you rename without doing this you'll have 'filename.veg.veg.bak' with 'veg.bak' being the actual extension.

Return to posts index

john williams
on Jul 11, 2014 at 10:09:24 am

"I'd recommend making sure you have visible file extensions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions
(Google show file extensions 'yourOS'

Before you attempt to rename the file. If you rename without doing this you'll have 'filename.veg.veg.bak' with 'veg.bak' being the actual extension."

I already do have visible file extensions

Return to posts index

john williams
on Jul 22, 2014 at 8:34:19 am
Last Edited By john williams on Jul 22, 2014 at 8:39:05 am

Please unsub my email from all newsletters. i did not sign up to newsletters, you insist i use my real name here and use it to spam me. do not send me any more newsletter or any communications. i will go to another site with vegas questions.

I have unsubbed twice so please ensure my email is removed from your spam database

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]