FORUMS: list search recent posts

It my method hurting my output

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Tyson
It my method hurting my output
on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:51:47 pm

Aloha Gang, I shoot horse rides at shows that are approx. 5min each and may have 4 rides for each rider. I put each rider on its own track and mute everything else when rendering to dvd. Does muting 10 other tracks during render hamper quality and or make vegas work harder(longer) to deal with muted tracks?
I do it this way to avoid scrolling backand forth putting in titles etc..........V13 on an older Q6600 quad core machine with 8gb ram.
Thanks for your time............

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: It my method hurting my output
on Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02:25 am

Good question. My method would be to put ALL rides on same track; make each RIDE a Region and then Render REGIONS using the Batch Render Script for this. This way no question about overhead.

Good question though.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Jul 8, 2014 at 6:17:26 am

It shouldn't make a bit of difference in the quality, but muted tracks are considered during compositing, so there is a small performance penalty and rendering may take a few seconds longer.
Why not use embedded projects for your titles?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Bob Tyson
on Jul 8, 2014 at 6:48:45 am

Aloha Gang, thanks for the replys...Steve..I make 4 or 5 titles ahead of shooting as I know what is comming up and c/p where needed and change the text when needed.
Grazie..I was just getting out of scrolling back and forth. This way everything is up and down and in good view. And could not find a way to batch the render with everything on a separate track,but what you said about all on one track....I could do that after all edits and batch by regions.....time saver..I should have thought of that..haha..Thanks for you guyz help...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]