FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Smethol
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Problem
on Jul 7, 2014 at 12:47:36 am

I have used Sony Vegas Pro before and know it is very easy to separate a given clip's audio and video if the are contained in the same file. I just bought Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 and it seems i cannot do this simple action. Has Sony taken out this feature for the low end versions of Vegas?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Problem
on Jul 7, 2014 at 1:25:47 am

Select the event and press "U" (keyboard shortcut) to ungroup the video and audio from each other. Menu Edit | Group | Remove from.

Or just add only the video or audio when placing on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Bill Smethol
on Jul 7, 2014 at 1:49:32 am

I've tried to solve this problem before and read on other forums to do exactly what you said to do. It does not have these options and pressing "u" does not work.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:45:10 am

You are probably in Simple edit mode. Use Advanced edit mode.

Return to posts index

Bill Smethol
on Jul 7, 2014 at 5:45:37 pm

There is no option for advanced edit mode. I am not using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum. I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13.

Return to posts index

Ian Bunn
on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:27:22 am

i just installed trial version of Movie Studio 13 and was really disappointed i couldn't separate audio & video...but i think i have the solution

right-click on audio track controls (far left not track waveform itself) and choose "duplicate track" then delete the original audio track. that's it then you are free to move audio around free of video

hope that helps

Return to posts index

Michael McIntosh
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13
on Apr 23, 2015 at 7:32:55 pm

I've never done a programme update before (on anything). I think the Sony Movie Studio has had an update since I bought it. How do I find out? And if I update, does it meaning reinstalling? I'm a novice at this, but I have lots of problems with crashing, particularly when I try to edit audio in Sound Forge.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13
on Apr 23, 2015 at 7:59:17 pm

[Michael McIntosh] How do I find out?"

Launch Movie Studio and go Help - About. That will give you the version number of your current install.

" I think the Sony Movie Studio has had an update since I bought it.

Go to http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/updates and look for the appropriate download. There are 3 different versions of Movie Studio 13 so make sure you choose the right one.

" And if I update, does it meaning reinstalling?"

Nope. Install it and it updates the existing version. Nothing else required on your part.

Return to posts index

Michael McIntosh
on Apr 23, 2015 at 8:05:14 pm

Trying that right now - thank you. I'll let you know if it makes any difference. :)

Return to posts index

Michael McIntosh
on Apr 23, 2015 at 8:12:07 pm

If I could ask one more thing. If I've taken, for example, a 5-minute video, got rid of the parts I don't need, so I'm left with, say, 1 minute, why is it that when I then open the audio in Sound Forge the whole, original 5-minute audio track is there. It would seem to make editing/saving much quicker if only what was left was imported into SF, rather than the whole thing.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 23, 2015 at 9:35:01 pm

I use Vegas Pro and have the same problem with both Sound Forge and iZotope RX. I haven't been able to find a reason for this so my solution is to render a WAV file using the desired template, open that in my audio editor, work on it and save it with a new name and bring that back into Vegas and replace the original audio. A bit of a PITA but it does work.

Return to posts index

Michael McIntosh
on Apr 23, 2015 at 9:38:18 pm

That's what I'm thinking - right at the start of the project, edit the audio track, load it back into MS then just get on with the video editing. Thought perhaps I was missing something. Seems pretty pointless then to even be able to open an audio editor from inside MS. Anyway, thanks so much for your prompt replies and helpful advice. Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]