FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendered video perfect, but Youtube pixelates it

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Selma Citroen
Rendered video perfect, but Youtube pixelates it
on Jul 1, 2014 at 1:12:49 pm

Hi guys,
I have been reading all kind of tutorials and forumposts, but it made me even more clueless about how to render a video that's totally suitable for Youtube.

I made a musicvideo for my friend, in 24fps because I wanted a cinematic effect. Yesterday when I finished the video, I found out that Youtube converts everything to 30fps. :/

I rendered the video as Internet HD 720p with 24fps and I have a nice looking mp4. Just what I want. But when I upload to Youtube, it becomes blurry and pixelated. It really looks like 240p quality. :(
Also some colours are different in my Youtube version than my mp4 version. And also the video doesn't flow. However on my phone it looks perfect. So I guess it's an issue with bigger screens.
Is this because of the fps difference?
But if I change the fps of my project, it all looks .. different and not the way I want it to be.

As project properties settings I have used the template HDV 720-24p.
First it has 8 bit pixel format and good rendering quality.
When I change it to 32 bit video levels as pixel format and choose best rendering quality, the outcome is really not what I like. The image is sharper but the colours are different than my preview in Vegas.

(Sorry for my English grammar mistakes) I am not very technical in rendering and to see what's best for Youtube. Hopefully somebody can give me some help in this.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Rendered video perfect, but Youtube pixelates it
on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:10:49 pm

My YouTube videos look pretty darn good, but after YT converts them they're never going to look like the originals. My experience is that if you start off with good quality (not a cheap crap video camera) your video will not lose too much quality.

In Vegas 12, I use the render template 'video for internet 1080', which is the MainConcept render option. I then edit the template, enabling two-pass and I raise the average and maximum bit rates to 25,000,000 and 50,000,000. This will give you longer than average video render times. With the above settings my YouTube clips look really good.

Dave

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:17:02 pm

[Selma Citroen] "I rendered the video as Internet HD 720p with 24fps and I have a nice looking mp4. Just what I want... on my phone it looks perfect. "
Try rendering to 720-30p and see of that makes a difference with YouTube. I use MainConcept AVC with the Internet 720-30p template for all of my YouTube videos and they look fine. It could be the frame rate difference that is messing up the YouTube encodes.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jul 1, 2014 at 10:25:41 pm

[Selma Citroen] "I made a musicvideo for my friend, in 24fps because I wanted a cinematic effect. Yesterday when I finished the video, I found out that Youtube converts everything to 30fps. :/"

Youtube will keep your video at 24fps. What Youtube does is convert anything above 30fps down to 30fps. Below 30fps they keep the original rate.

They have preserved 24fps with my test.

Return to posts index

Selma Citroen
on Jul 2, 2014 at 2:46:38 pm

Thank you all so much for the help!

I tried the first option of Dave Osbun, to render it as 1080 with 24 and also with 30.
I must say the outcome of 30fps is much more stable and good for youtube. Also my colours are staying the same, so I'm happy with this one!

The 24fps one plays kinda "shaky" in youtube.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]