FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking audio files to video files in an already edited project and carrying over the editing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tijmen van Dijk
Linking audio files to video files in an already edited project and carrying over the editing
on Jun 29, 2014 at 11:12:28 am

I have been capturing footage of a video game using a software called PlayClaw. I recorded the audio within the .avi file, which works fine everywhere, apart from in Sony Vegas which does not recognize the audio. This is a bug within the PlayClaw software of which the developers are aware and they might have already fixed it, but I was not aware of this. Being a first time user of Sony Vegas I started to happily edit my video clips, foolishly assuming that audio simply does not play in the little preview screen. Eventually I realized that there in fact was no audio at all, so now I am stuck with a finished video project which completely lacks audio.

Now I know I can extract the audio from the .avi files, group the seperate audio files with the video files and redo the editing, but the editing took a good few hours that I was hoping to not throw at it again. Synchronizing the audio files manually with the video files is not an option as there are so many cuts and drags.

I was hoping there is a way to link the original video files to the extracted audio files, which are the same length and have the same name, and carry over the editing that the video files have already received to the audio files. In a way that they receive the same cuts and drags and match up completely with the video clips on the timeline. I have fiddled around with this myself a little. I extracted wav. files using Pazera Free Audio Extractor but haven't found out a way to do it. Curiously enough there are slight deviations between the time length of the audio files and video files which seems problematic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]