FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 13 Does Not Allow Access to C Drive

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
Vegas Pro 13 Does Not Allow Access to C Drive
on Jun 28, 2014 at 12:26:35 am

Just like it says. My Vegas Pro 13 will not allow me to access my system drive (C:). From the Vegas interface if I attempt to access my C drive, Vegas will crash 100% of the time. Also I've found that I cannot have 2 instances for V13 open at the same time. The 2nd instance simply will not play any video.

V8 thru V12 never had any of these problems. Only V13.

Graphics card is a Quadro 4000. Has been since V10. Running on WIN 7 64bit with Intel CPU 3.2GHZ.

???

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Vegas Pro 13 Does Not Allow Access to C Drive
on Jun 28, 2014 at 6:10:06 pm

[Ken Bennett] "My Vegas Pro 13 will not allow me to access my system drive (C:). From the Vegas interface if I attempt to access my C drive, Vegas will crash 100% of the time."

I have two hard disks. C and D, and I have no problems reading/writing files from either one.

What does "access my (C:) drive" mean?

What exactly were you doing?

Importing(reading) a file. If so, was it on import or on timeline playback?

Were you Rendering(writing) a file?

Were you browsing in the explorer window?

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Jun 28, 2014 at 7:55:11 pm

Accessing the C drive: When I'm working in V13 and I try to navigate to my C drive from the Explore, V13 will crash; even though the V13 software is installed and running from the C drive. When I move the mouse over the C: icon and double click, the V13 interface turn ghosty white and says "Vegas has stopped working".

I cannot not read anything on the C drive. As long as I stay away the C drive, V13 will function OK.

V13 was not rendering. Everything in V13 is idle. It happens with simple navigating in Explore. All other 7 drive I can access as usual.

Next question?

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 28, 2014 at 9:03:27 pm

The only thing I can think of that you can check/try, is IF you have auto play turned in the explorer pane, then turn that off.

With that on Vegas will try to start playing a video the instant it is selected, and maybe when you are going to your C drive the first alphabetical file is some kind of video Vegas is having trouble playing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]