FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mismatch of Frames Per Second in DAW project - How do I correct this?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie King
Mismatch of Frames Per Second in DAW project - How do I correct this?
on Jun 27, 2014 at 3:03:05 am
Last Edited By Debbie King on Jun 27, 2014 at 4:09:42 pm

Hi Everyone:

I rendered my project 30fps in Quicktime, yet in Vegas it reads 23.976 fps. I was rendering NTSC format for the festivals. Now I have someone doing the score, and I sent the copy of the Quicktime file to him. What reads Cubase is that there is a mismatch fps and the file is 30fps. My question is how would he be able to work on the project in 30fps and it not affect the fps that I drop back onto my timeline of 23.976? I hope that I explained it clearly.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Mismatch of Frames Per Second in DAW project - How do I correct this?
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:09:54 pm

What does the free MediaInfo utility say about the file?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 28, 2014 at 2:25:49 pm

[Debbie King] "I rendered my project 30fps in Quicktime, yet in Vegas it reads 23.976 fps."
That doesn't make any sense at all. Can you post a screen shot of your QuickTime render template. Something isn't right.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on Jun 29, 2014 at 4:11:54 am

Hi John:

Here it is.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:02:59 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:26:01 am

Had you already tried changing the FRAMERATE to 29.97? Is there a reason to retain the DEFAULT 15?

And here it is rendered and SHOWING 29.97 back in Vegas. This is after me adjusting to 29.97 in QT render. Somewhere you've picked up that 24 FPS flag.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on Jun 29, 2014 at 6:43:55 am

Hi Grazie:

When I rendered this film, it was just a few weeks ago, and I'm not certain why I chose 15. Actually, I believe I kept the default. I'll change it to 29.970. I believe what I was attempting to do was make the file smaller so that I would be able to upload at 1.8GB. I needed a file under 2GB.

Thanks. Nice catch.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:13:36 am

[Debbie King] "
Thanks. Nice catch."

Well, my understanding is that it is BITRATE that pushes up file size, not FRAMERATE. Need another person to jump in here to confirm this.

So, ostensibly, you COULD have gone to 29.97, checked out the comparable final render sizes and decided.

Here are my findings with a 9 sec Event, and using a BITRATE of 3mb:

a] 15fps = 3.37mb

b] 29.97fps = 3.35mb

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:21:15 am

Debbie, another result for you using 1mb BR:

a] 15fps = 1.12mb

b] 29.97 = 1.10mb

Appears to be the same RENDER size, if not a wee bit smaller.

Do your TEST and see what happens.

Grazie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 29, 2014 at 6:09:00 pm

[Debbie King] "When I rendered this film, it was just a few weeks ago, and I'm not certain why I chose 15. Actually, I believe I kept the default. I'll change it to 29.970"
It's really critical that you give the audio engineer a file that is at the same frame rate as your project. Now it's even more strange that you rendered 15fps, Vegas thought it was 23.97fps, and Cubase thought it was 30fps. Something is not right here.

I would re-render the file as 29.97. Grazie is right that the bit-rate controls the size of the file not the frame rate. If you don't give your audio engineer a video that matches the frame rate of your project, you can't expect the audio to line up when you drop it back in.

~jr

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on Jun 30, 2014 at 12:17:40 pm
Last Edited By Debbie King on Jun 30, 2014 at 12:28:06 pm

Hi John and Grazie:

I rerendered and sent him the frame rate of 23.976 which is the size of my project that reads in Vegas. The reason I had selected 29.976 is because iNTSC is standard for submission.. I understand now that I complete my project in what reads in Vegas and them render based on the criteria set for submission.

John you mentioned render at 29.970. Is it because I mentioned it above, or is it something I should do despite what Vegas reads.

On that print screen I shared, the bottom reads 30 fps. Even when I changed the frame rate above, I still see 30 below. Should I change that also?

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 30, 2014 at 1:14:08 pm

[Debbie King] "John you mentioned render at 29.970. Is it because I mentioned it above, or is it something I should do despite what Vegas reads."
I was just going by what you were saying but now I think I understand that your Vegas Pro project settings are 23.976 so you should send the audio engineer a video at 23.976 fps. The bottom line is that you send the video to the audio engineer at the same frame rate as your project. That's all you really need to remember.
[Debbie King] "On that print screen I shared, the bottom reads 30 fps. Even when I changed the frame rate above, I still see 30 below. Should I change that also?"
The setting at the bottom is labeled Keyframe every (frames). This has nothing to do with frame rate. It determines which frames will be I-Frames (keyframes) regardless of frame rate. In your template, the frame rate is 15 fps and every 30 frames will be a keyframe, all others will be delta frames. The only parameter that affects the frame rate is... the frame rate. ;-)

~jr

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30:00 pm

Thank you so much John.

Very much appreciated!

Best,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on Jul 1, 2014 at 4:19:00 am

Thanks Grazie!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]