FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Editing - Multiple Track and Multiple Overlays

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arron Appleyard
Multicam Editing - Multiple Track and Multiple Overlays
on Jun 24, 2014 at 3:14:07 pm

Right so lets set the scene.

I have 3 Video clips with audio tracks and I want to cut between the different tracks using the multicam editing functions of Vegas. I also want overlays over the top of each video and each overlay must be different for each of the videos. So when choose Video 1 to be at the top of the multicam editing the generated text media that I have created for that clip will say Video 1. When I then cut to Video 2 the text says Video 2. When I then cut to Video 3 the text says Video 3.

Here is a very basic layout of the different tracks I have.

Track 1 - (Generated Text Media) "Video One"
Track 2 - Clip 1
Track 3 - Audio for Clip 1

Track 4 - (Generated Text Media) "Video Two"
Track 5 - Clip 2
Track 6 - Audio for Clip 2

Track 7 - (Generated Text Media) "Video Three"
Track 8 - Clip 3
Track 9 - Audio for Clip 3

Does anyone understand what I am trying to do? I am trying to get overlays on each of the clips to only show up when the right video is playing however I am wondering if this is even possible with the Multicam editing tool because so far I have struggled to find any way around it other than rendering out each clip first with an overlay on top for each video, then re importing the clips back in and then doing the multicamera editing. But this is just no longer acceptable as some of videos I am editing are upwards of 2 hours long. So each time I have to import the video, create an overlay, render out the footage. Do that 3 times, once for each video. (takes about 2 hours for each video to render out in a high quality) Then I re import the videos back in, perform the multi camera editing. Then I finally render out the video. Only taking me 10+ hours for a video that lasts 2 hours.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]