FORUMS: list search recent posts

best usb3 external for laptop and vegas 12 or 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Salva
best usb3 external for laptop and vegas 12 or 13
on Jun 24, 2014 at 4:05:15 am

My hard drive won't play audio wav files correctly and I want to find an external USB3 hard drive so I can edit on Sony Vegas pro 12. I can also gat 13 if needed. Should I be using RAID 0 or 1? Does anyone have success editing on a laptop with an external? Any recommendations on HDD that work would be appreciated. Thanx_Tony

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: best usb3 external for laptop and vegas 12 or 13
on Jun 24, 2014 at 3:30:04 pm

Keep in mind that many external hard drives will never operate at the maximum USB3 speed. If you really want the best, build your own small external 2-drive case and load it with fast SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration.

If you want a pre-made external I'd recommend Lacie.

Dave

Return to posts index

John Halterman
on Jun 25, 2014 at 7:15:18 am

I'm currently using the GTech G-Drive Thunderbolt/USB3.0. Working flawlessly and I'm using it for video as well. Playing HUGE files (100-150 GB each clip). You may be confused as far as Thunderbolt, but I'm running V13 via Bootcamp on the newest MacPro. Suuuuuuuper happy with this config. Just would love to see Sony finally take it native.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25:03 pm

John's recommendation is a very good one, too. The G-Drives are pretty much designed for the power user and provide superb performance. You'll pay extra for that, obviously, but they are really good and I've heard also provide exceptional customer service (like Lacie).

Dave

Return to posts index

John Halterman
on Jun 26, 2014 at 2:16:53 pm

Hey Dave!
You're absolutely right... They have amazing support! In this day and age it's really comforting to know you can pick up the phone, call the actual manufacturer, the actually answer AND even help you for.... wait for it....... NO CHARGE!!! Sony are you listening???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]