FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prevent slow mo lag with Motion Blur ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skipper Centurion
Prevent slow mo lag with Motion Blur ?
on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:28:27 am

Hey everyone, I'm kinda confused on how to prevent slow mo lag.

So, my brother trying to shoot a music video with slow motion lipsync @ 23.97FPS. The result was good, but the problem is, it leaves something unwanted (like 50% opacity in every frames) making the video looks lag. I thought this can be fixed with motion blur.

My brother shoot it with Nikon D7000, they said it was impossible to set the frame rate to 60FPS. My brother insist using 23.97FPS.

I tried to turn on Vegas' motion blur by pressing CTRL+Shift+B, but nothing happens. I right clicked the video > insert envelope > and there's no Motion Blur only velocity.

Any ideas how to turn on motion blur on vegas ?
or any other ideas to prevent the slow motion lag ?

Thanks for the answers

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Prevent slow mo lag with Motion Blur ?
on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:14:31 pm
Last Edited By Norman Black on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:21:24 pm

What you are calling "slow motion lag" sounds like the frame blending due to resampling the video to get your slow motion. You can turn off resampling on an event but your result may not look smooth since Vegas will be duplicating frames.

There are third part resamplers like Respeedr and twixtor you can try if you do not like the results with resampling off.

For ideal slow motion, you record at a higher frame rate than your playback.

"Motion blur" in Vegas is an envelope on the video bus. Turn on viewing of the video bus and then add the motion blur envelope. Motion blur is not going to give you something you think. It only has effect on pan-crop and/or track motion movement. And then, it is not much of a blur effect but rather but more of offset fading echos of the image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]